CAAS 2013 Convention Update

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

CAAS 2013 Convention Update

Postby markp » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:35 pm

Dear Chet Fans:

The 29th Annual CAAS Convention is coming up fast. The performer list is almost complete but still being finalized. We again have a amazing roster of performers who have given their talent and time to perform in Chet’s honor. the “Chet talent pool” is deep and there will be something for everyone.

Performers scheduled to play include Tim and Myles Thompson, Lance Allen, Ray Wix, Nishi Nishiyama, Eddie Pennington, Michael O'Dorn, Jonathan Brown, Bob Saxton, Brooks Robertson, Sean Weaver, John McClellan, Richard Kiser, Richard Smith, Thom Bresh, Michael Coppola, Roger Hardin, Guy Van Duser, Joe and Jan Edwards, Barrigar/Mazengarb Duo, Tom Boyer, Duck Baker, Bob Evans, Ray Cummins, Edgar Cruz, Doyle Dykes (Wednesday Night), Jim and Morning Nichols, Meagan Taylor, Paul Moseley, Ben Hall, Rick Allred, Tom Doyle and Sandy Cory Doyle, Nokie Edwards, Don Jones, Tommy Flint, Wesley Crider, Bobby Gibson, John Nichols, Jerome Malaval, John Standefer, Brett Holland, Shane Adkins, Robert Anderson, Phil Hunt and Eddie Estes, Audie Wykle, Todd Hallawell, Steve Rector, Pat Corn, Moon Mullins, Zach Bergen, Julian Smith, Wayne Wesley Johnson, Craig Dobbins, Terry Wedding, Parker Hastings, Robin Kessinger, Pat Kirtley, Howard Alden, Frank Vignola, Vinny Raniolo, John Knowles, The Endless Road Strings, The Hot Club of Nashville, and others to be added. Don't miss it!!

This is the 130th anniversary of the Gretsch Company and they will be there with their full line of Gretsch guitars.

Issue #82 of Mister Guitar will be mailed in the next 4-5 days.

If you are certain you are attending and you have not pre-registered, it would really help if you download the form from chetsociety.com and mail it with a check. It saves time at the desk and gives us a better head count.
Thanks and see you there!!!! Mark Pritcher
markp

Re: CAAS 2013 Convention Update

Postby Len R » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:23 pm

That's an impressive list, Mark, looking forward to it.
I noticed that Tommy Emmanuel is not listed though.
Will he be there this year?

Thanks,

Len
Len R

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:20 am

It looks like Tommy will be in Italy during the convention this year. I got this schedule off his web site.
Ray

Wed Jul 10 13
Bovisio Masciago, IT
Bovisio Masciago Guitar Master Class *SOLD OUT*

Thu Jul 11 13
Busto Arsizio (Varese/Milan), IT
Teatro Fratello Sole
Teatro Fratello Sole in Busto Arsizio (Varese/Milan), - on sale now!

Fri Jul 12 13
Brugnera (Pordenone), IT
Parco di Villa Varda
Parco di Villa Varda in Brugnera (Pordenone), - Blues in Villa

Sat Jul 13 13
San Severino Marche (Macerata), IT
San Severino Blues
San Severino Blues in San Severino Marche (Macerata), -
Ray Bohlken

Postby billmoit » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:02 am

Sorry to hear about Tommy not being there. How about getting Duane Eddy to fill a solo spot. Duane got me started playing guitar. Chet came along later in my life. I usually try to throw some Duane riffs in my Chet arrangements.
billmoit

Postby JohnHaring » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:10 am

Unfortunately, Duane Eddy is in Europe for the summer also. We tried to get him for the Chet Tribute show on 7/9.
JohnHaring

Postby billmoit » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:37 am

I got in to the guitar by listening to Duane Eddy when I was 15. Chet entered a couple of years later. I would sure hate to lose Duane without getting to see him live in a real performance. He has appeared as a Saturday night guest at CAAS a couple of times but never had a featured spot.

If Duane is still going to England 4 years from now that could be a trip for our 50th anniversary.
billmoit

Postby Richard Hudson » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:15 pm

Duane's European tour has been rescheduled for later this year, but I think he has something else going on which would still make him unavailable. Duane is a wonderful person and a guitar hero to many of us.
Richard Hudson

Postby billmoit » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:18 pm

Richard, you have been a big help to me too. I learned I Still Miss Someone from watching your video on Youtube.
billmoit

Postby Richard Hudson » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:25 pm

Thank you, Bill. I always felt like that would be a good fingerstyle tune, and sure enough, it is.
Richard Hudson

Return to Announcement and News