CAAS 2013

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

CAAS 2013

Postby Mike Forbis » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:18 am

Why haven't I seen any news or entries on this years convention...(2013)....any idea about who is appearing, general attendance expections, ect......I worry that CAAS is in decline :(
Mike Forbis

Re: CAAS 2013

Postby craigdobbins » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:54 am

I'm sure Mark will post the schedule soon. It's usually not confirmed until the last minute. Mister Guitar #82 will also be out before CAAS, and it will probably have a partial list of performers.

I do know that Wednesday night will feature Doyle Dykes, sponsored by Gretsch. Richard Smith told me he and Julie will be there 2 days, either Wed-Thurs, or Thurs-Fri. We'll be there probably Thurs-Sat.

And, many of the performers at the Jerry Reed tribute said their goodbyes with "See you in July!"

Craig
craigdobbins

Postby vws457 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:06 pm

I share the posters concern that CAAS is in decline. It has been about 3 years since Richard and Julie have been there for the entire convention. I do have to say that seeing Mark and Loren the last few years has made it worth the trip though.
vws457

Postby Mike Forbis » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:32 am

I really start to worry when the "pro fingerpickers" seem to have more important matters to attend to...the new young kids...I can understand that....but if we lose the interest of the older performers....well....I just don't want to be there the first year it really becomes obvious the end is near....it will really break my heart....and irregardless of how many younger people come, they will never carry the torch the older fans do for Chet....unfortunately we already lose enough as it is. :(
Mike Forbis

Return to Announcement and News