MRG PUPS

A place to share your music! Post and view audio links.

MRG PUPS

Postby LMark » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:24 am

A couple of you were interested in hearing these el cheapo MRG pups. I finally got around to recording a few licks. First two are rhythm PUP. Last three are bridge. Straight into computer, no EQ or effects added. My apologies for the string slaps and buzzes--this guitar needs a little adjustment. I also noted, after listening, that I should adjust the bass side of the treble PUP down a little, but it's too late now. I have been playing mostly acoustic, so the electric chops are a little rough. Hope you find the cuts useful anyhow. Best, LMark

http://mbruffey.home.comcast.net/~mbruffey//pics/mrg_demo_low.mp3
LMark

Re: MRG PUPS

Postby RonBloor » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:06 am

Hi LMark... That was some fine picking. It would have sounded great on any guitar with any pickup... However, those pickups sounded great to these old ears :) Thanks Ron
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby tyguy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:10 pm

LMark wrote:A couple of you were interested in hearing these el cheapo MRG pups. I finally got around to recording a few licks. First two are rhythm PUP. Last three are bridge. Straight into computer, no EQ or effects added. My apologies for the string slaps and buzzes--this guitar needs a little adjustment. I also noted, after listening, that I should adjust the bass side of the treble PUP down a little, but it's too late now. I have been playing mostly acoustic, so the electric chops are a little rough. Hope you find the cuts useful anyhow. Best, LMark

http://mbruffey.home.comcast.net/~mbruffey//pics/mrg_demo_low.mp3

Beautiful tone and beautiful playing.You're the "first" player i've heard on the Chetboard that plays with the right feel(like Chet or anybody who really knows how to play).You swing,you've got the gift and have listened to the right kind of music.Not many players have this touch and feel.You are blessed.Thank you! Just my humble opine. The Best, Ty M.
tyguy

Postby Roger Pratt » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:23 pm

That was some great picking Mark! What guitar were you using the pups in? Thanks.
Roger Pratt

Postby LMark » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:31 pm

Roger Pratt wrote:That was some great picking Mark! What guitar were you using the pups in? Thanks.

Roger, that's a Hamer Echotone Deluxe.The Deluxe has the fan tailpiece, whereas the regular echotones have a stop tail. I have a bigsby to put on it, eventually. I don't have any Gretsch guitars at the moment, and this is my attempt to get "the sound" within budgetary constraints. Maybe a 59 or a CGP someday . . . . Best, LMark. P.S. Thx for kind comments.
LMark

Postby Pickin Palmer » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:23 am

GREAT hearing you pick, again, Marcus. Clean as a whistle... You are doing your dad proud...

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Postby Pvee » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:47 am

How was this recorded. Sounds great I was just wondering if It came through an amp wth line out, or a mic etc.
I usually record through an inport USB device into a PC with old cakewalk software.

Thanks, Pete
Pvee

Postby LMark » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:22 pm

Pvee wrote:How was this recorded. Sounds great I was just wondering if It came through an amp wth line out, or a mic etc.
I usually record through an inport USB device into a PC with old cakewalk software. Thanks, Pete

PV in CC! All I did was plug the guitar into the mic/line-in jack on the laptop. I used a piece of free software called Audacity. That's all I did. No EQ'ing or special effects or anything like that. Best, Mark
LMark

Postby Pvee » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:11 am

Thanks. I am always interested in the electronics side of things.

I got a gift certificate from work years ago for Amazon.com so I bought Cakewalk's GuitarTracksII recording software with it.

It won't run on my Windows7 64bit machines but I still have one XP machine left that I run it on. I could upgrade one of them to Win7 Po and get XP mode but that cost a lot so I am not doing it until I need to.
GuitarTracks works very well. As long as I can use it I will. I have done up to four tracks with it adding other instruments with the Synthesizer.
Pvee

Postby GaryL » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:57 am

Mark,
Really enjoyed the clip. Great song selection.
That's a great sound you got.
Thanks for posting.
GaryL
GaryL

Next

Return to Audio files