Chet's glove

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Chet's glove

Postby Fred » Mon May 06, 2013 11:12 am

This is interesting -more useful than Michael Jackson's anyway

http://youtu.be/-o8icuchWHQ
Fred

Re: Chet's glove

Postby Joey Bowie » Fri May 10, 2013 8:27 am

It's called "The Guitar Glove" Fred. I have one that someone at work gave me many years ago. I'm not sure where they were manufactured, but their offices were located in Franklin Ma. and their distribution was in North Smithfield RI. It has a picture of Chet on the package and it reads: "The Original Guitar Glove" "One size fits all" "For the Guitar. Bass . Banjo. Violin. Cello Free Orange Blossom Special Lubricant. Play faster instantly.

I used it once or twice and stuck it back in the package and put in my book shelf where I keep all my music books.

Joey
Joey Alves
Joey Bowie

Postby Norm » Fri May 10, 2013 10:06 am

Chet was always looking for something that might bring in some money. Someone invented that and got his endorsement. All he had to do was cash the check. I doubt he got many from that venture.

Being a high profile music star is kinda like being a pro ball player. All kinds of endorsement contracts potentially make money for you.

Interestingly, Chet used a Shubb capo at a point in his life. Rick Shubb tells of being at some sort of event (NAMM?) and Chet was there. Rick had a booth and was selling his capos. He had them for banjos, guitars and dobros. Chet and Paul came by and Chet looked at the guitar capo and said he would buy one. Rick said "No, you can have one!"
But Chet insisted on paying for it on the spot.
Rick said he was absolutely thrilled to see Chet use that capo on TV that very night.

Interesting story considering all the things we hear about Chet being frugal. I guess he reckognized that Rick was a one-man small business and not a bigger outfit like Dunlop.
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby Fred » Sat May 18, 2013 4:47 am

Those are some great stories joy and Norm. Thanks!
Fred
Fred

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins