My Gretsch Country Gentleman guitar

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

My Gretsch Country Gentleman guitar

Postby Steve Sanders » Sun May 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Well folks, it has finally happened! I finally got me a Country Gentleman guitar!! And it's a beauty! Everything you've heard and seen written here on the ChetBoard is true about these guitars. Plays as good as it looks. I just love the neck. Like so many others, the best guitar I've owned, seen, or played. Many thanks due, so I'll get started. Many, many thanks to Danny Sterling who sold me his guitar. A super nice guy and fellow ChetBoarder. He was very patient and understanding in dealing with me and made the deal very smooth and easy. And I hope to be able to call him my new friend!! I am proud to have a guitar from him. THANKS DANNY! I reckon the good Lord worked through you to answer my many prayers! Thanks also to Richard Hudson and Mitch Crane who have helped me a great deal too in answering all my silly questions and offering advice and helpful info. I couldn't leave out a very special person, Paul Yandell. It was his insight and efforts that allowed us to have these great guitars. So, thanks to Micah too! And thanks to all who responded to my post looking for a guitar. By-golly I done got a good'un! I know I'm always behind the rest of ya, but it was worth the wait. I'll get there sooner or later!! Now, practice, practice, practice. I'll post some pickin' soon. Thanks again to all. I am very blessed!!! Steve
1.JPG
my new guitar
Steve Sanders

Re: My Gretsch Country Gentleman guitar

Postby Tom Workman » Sun May 05, 2013 7:50 pm

Congrats, Steve! I'm really happy for you. It's like getting the holy grail, isn't it? -Tom W.
Tom Workman

Postby Steve Sanders » Sun May 05, 2013 8:08 pm

Yep! After about 45 years of staring at albums covers, Guitar Player magazine articles, anything and everything "Chet" and seeing his ol' '59 and of course hearing it over and over on those records I always wanted one. Back in 1971 a girl I went to school with said she had a guitar with Chet's name on it. Needless to say I was at her house right after school and sure enough, she had a 1964 Tennessean. I'm sure she was the first owner. I bought it and still have it to this day. And I still love it too. But, it's not a Gent!! I reckon there's nothing like'em. I'm happy as a june-bug on a porch light!!! Still can't believe it's mine. Got the same feeling when I was lucky enough to acquire my Parkel 25L15 amp last year. Now you talk about a set-up!! These two together are about as close to the Chet sound as possible this side of Heaven. Got my work cut out for me now. But it'll be fun. I've been hunched over a guitar for a long time now and it's never been this good! Quoting Gomer....."thank ya, thank ya, thank ya... Shazzam!!" Steve
Steve Sanders

Postby rhudson » Sun May 05, 2013 9:56 pm

Steve, I'm happy for you. She's a beauty. I consider mine to be the best guitar I have ever owned and it's still almost like a dream still yet when I play it. Without Paul Yandell's vision and his persistence, this guitar would never have come to be. I know Paul did everything he could to make this guitar as close to Chet's '59 as he possible. I'll be playing tomorrow night with Dwayne Friend and that's the guitar I'll be playing.
rhudson

Postby MitchC » Tue May 07, 2013 10:08 pm

Congrats Steve ! Very happy for you. Same setup as you 'cept mine is an '06 Gent. Play the dickens outta them both !

Parkel 7,8, 9 represented in this thread BTW.
MitchC

Return to Guitars and Equipment