Upcoming CD releases: Pops Goes Country & Guitar Monsters

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Upcoming CD releases: Pops Goes Country & Guitar Monsters

Postby John C. » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:51 pm

Real Gone Music, the label that released the first 2 Jerry Reed LPs on CD last year, will issue "The Pops Goes Country" & "Guitar Monsters" as separate CDs on April 2nd.

The sound quality on the Reed 2-for was superb & I'm sure these releases will sound just as good.

A big "thanks" to label head Gordon Anderson for these reissues; hopefully more will follow.

John C.
John C.

Re: Upcoming CD releases: Pops Goes Country & Guitar Monster

Postby Hendrik » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:59 am

Great news! The only letdown is that they are doing "Guitar Monsters" again. OneWayRecords released this one a few years ago together with the Chester & Lester album. Pair did two versions of this too called Masters of the Guitar.

I really admire the people at Real Gone Music who keep the music available for us. The release of Jerry's first RCA albums are like you said superb. Trough my headphones I even hear Jerry breathing on Almost Crazy.
Hendrik

Postby Hendrik » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:57 am

Some more information available on the Real Gone Music website.

The Pops Goes Country / The Pops Goes West CD

Guitar Monsters CD
Hendrik

Postby PhilHunt » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:53 pm

It's nice that they are releasing Pop Goes the Country.....but, Guitar Monsters? Come On! Don't the people at Real Gone know that it's already been released by One-Way? The need to start with where the Bear Family Box set #2 left off. It'd be nice to have: Solo Flights (this time released in the USA), Teen Scene, Class Guitar, Hometown Guitar, Progressive Pickin', Yestergroovin', For The Good Times, Picks on Jerry Reed, Goes to the Movies, Country After all These Years, and a re-release of Standard Brands.
PhilHunt

Postby MitchC » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:50 pm

If you don't mind mp3's lots of Chet stuff here: (Not sure about the source ?)

http://www.mp3million.com/download/Chet%20Atkins
MitchC

Postby Steve Moran » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:36 am

Work It Out would be a great one to release on CD. I've only seen/owned the cassette version and cassettes seem to go bad after a while. That's great playing from one tune to the next!
Steve Moran :P
Steve Moran

Postby mattburnside » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:48 pm

MitchC wrote:If you don't mind mp3's lots of Chet stuff here: (Not sure about the source ?)

http://www.mp3million.com/download/Chet%20Atkins

At least some of those are vinyl rips, so yeah, I'm thinking they're very, very counterfeit.

I would love to have some of Chet's 60s and 70s stuff on CD. I've been ripping my vinyl here and there, but man, I'm busy.
mattburnside

Postby headgremlin » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:11 am

I pre-ordered both up coming CD's from Amazon and received a note that 'Guitar Monsters' will not be released until around the 1st of May. Whether Real Gone is pushing back its release date as well is not known.
Thanks, Jere
headgremlin

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins