WTB: Gretsch G6122-1959 CG or NC

Postby MitchC » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:56 pm

Looking for a walnut Gretsch G6122-1959 Country Gentleman 2009 or newer if possible. BUT if you have an older Nashville Classic, I'll entertain that as well.

PM / Email me with pics, price etc. Thanks !

One like this would be great:

MitchC

Re: WTB: Gretsch G6122-1959 CG or NC

Postby Steve Sanders » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:40 pm

Hey Mitch, There's an original 1958 Country Gentleman on E-Bay right now and I think it might have your name there on the pickguard!!! And it's only $9,999.99!!! Never heard, seen, or played one like this one, but from what I've read here on the Chetboard the newer 6122-1959 (Nashville Classic and/or Country Gentleman) can't be beat! One will pop up if you keep an eye out!! Good luck! When ya get one, post a picture or two so we all can take a gander! Still waitin' for some pickin' samples from ya. Steve
Steve Sanders

Postby Norm » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:03 pm

There is a way you can have ebay notify you if the guitar comes up for sale I think
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby MitchC » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:40 pm

Thanks guys. Steve, I'm sneakin' up on some recording. Chops are still not up to snuff quite yet. Shortly (I hope :roll: )

Norm, yes I have a saved search on eBAY. Just missed this one by 30 minutes ! Arrrgghh... What a STEAL ! Dang..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gretsch-Nashvil ... 1c3009c786

BTW, I do have the '59 Hall Of Fame which I love. Just wanting a walnut stain one also. Had a nice 2011 awhile back but sold it to fund a White Falcon. May sell the HOF, not sure yet.

MitchC

Postby Steve Sanders » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:57 am

Just wanted to tell everybody here on the ChetBoard about Mr. Mitch Crane. Be sure and check out his recordings he has out there with the lap steel. Now, I have friends who play steel guitars, but theirs have lots of pedals and knee bars and all kinds of doo-hickies. But a LAP STEEL is basically just a neck and a steel bar. You will be mighty impressed when you hear what Mitch can do with his. I had no idea you could get such a great sound and tone out of a lap steel. Mitch, you might want to post some links to some of your tunes! They are so smooth, clean, and very easy listening. I will testify that it is a strong possibility that I may have at one time or another put on my Hawaiian shirt while listening to Mitch's tunes! It's good music and you all need to know about it. You can thank me later!! Steve
Steve Sanders

Return to FOR SALE or TRADE