Blocking vibrato on Stratocaster

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Blocking vibrato on Stratocaster

Postby JerryShaw » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:05 am

I tune my Strat to Eb for some tunes and E for others. It's a drag when re-tuning because I have to fine a few times before the springs settle down. I think when I have the back of the bridge flush with the top the springs wont be impacted when tuning up (form Eb to E). I think the problem will be getting it so when I tune down to Eb the springs are out of the equation. Basically I want my strat to me a hardtail. Any ideas how to make this happen? Do I need to block off the inertia block from both sides? THanks in advance.
JerryShaw

Re: Blocking vibrato on Stratocaster

Postby tyguy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:31 pm

JerryShaw wrote:I tune my Strat to Eb for some tunes and E for others. It's a drag when re-tuning because I have to fine a few times before the springs settle down. I think when I have the back of the bridge flush with the top the springs wont be impacted when tuning up (form Eb to E). I think the problem will be getting it so when I tune down to Eb the springs are out of the equation. Basically I want my strat to me a hardtail. Any ideas how to make this happen? Do I need to block off the inertia block from both sides? THanks in advance.

With the six bridge screws adjusted so that the bridge is perfectly flat,tighten the springs,cut a piece of wood to fit in between steel block and wood in back and you're done.I do this to all my strats for a big tone improvement. The Best, Ty M.
tyguy

Return to Guitars and Equipment