Ultimate finger pick.

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Ultimate finger pick.

Postby cstrohschein » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:43 am

Met a dude at the shop today who showed me this new product he's working on. I found it very useful and comfortable myself but I'm going to post the link and let you guys decide for yourselves.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1577369660/the-ultimate-fingerpick-for-stringed-musical-instr
cstrohschein

Re: Ultimate finger pick.

Postby Norm » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:55 am

Interesting but it doesn't show what it looks like off the finger. Like, what's involved to put it on, take it off, etc.

How durable are they? I know to be heard in a string band the Dobro player has to really dig in to be heard and I'd be wondering how long the product would hold up.
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby rhirvine » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:51 pm

I've tried a lot of different finger picks over the years without much success. My fingernails are thin so it pretty much limits me to nylon strings. I'm willing to try this product when I can buy a set at a music store. It didn't look like I could special order them.

Rich Irvine
rhirvine

Postby BillB » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:28 pm

Sounds like they won't be available for several months, but they look like they work pretty well on the video. I have good nails, but I've been cutting them pretty short lately as I'm taking bass guitar lessons from a jazz teacher. I've tried the Alaska Piks, but they don't work well for me. I'm thinking about trying Fred Kelly's Freedom picks next. Not sure how I'm going to function playing both bass (2 finger) and fingerstyle guitar, but these new picks look like a possibility.

Bill B.
BillB

Postby cstrohschein » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:06 pm

They really weren't that hard to put on. As for stability, I thrashed them fairly hard and had no movement or shifting around. When removed they look and feel like the finger of a heavy duty exam glove with an artificial nail glued to it. The guy told me that if they are able to market them they will be in flesh tones, and will include an Emory board to custom shape the tip.

As for adapting to them...
Let's put it this way, It took longer for me to get used to a Fred Kelly speed pick (after using a dunlop thumbpick) than to get used to the fingerpick.
cstrohschein

Postby MitchC » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:24 pm

So from what I can glean, these will only be available if / when a $25,000 pledge has been reached. So far, only $2500 pledged. ?? So we cannot order these now, right ?

From the link:

"This project will only be funded if at least $25,000 is pledged by Wednesday Mar 6, 7:39pm EST. "

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/157 ... ical-instr
MitchC

Postby cstrohschein » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:46 pm

Yeah, they they are trying to get this product to the public.

So basically what it comes down to is, if you want to see this product at your local music store, spread the word.
cstrohschein

Return to Guitars and Equipment