WANTED: Mr Kennedy ( Prismatone )

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

WANTED: Mr Kennedy ( Prismatone )

Postby Mattes1981 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:29 am

Hi guys,
Craig Dobbins and Phil Hunt were so kind a sent Sam Kennedy a mail to contact me - but i don´t get any response
from him for more than 6 months.
I know he has a lot of wort and orders but it seems like he don´t receive several mails.
Is there a chance to get in contact with him. We talked 6 months ago about the prismatone. He sent me the first pictures of the preamp but after that - "connection interrupted " :D
I know that i have to wait for the prismatone - but if i can´t contact him i´m not able to order one.
Maybe someone can help me

bye
matthias
Mattes1981

Re: WANTED: Mr Kennedy ( Prismatone )

Postby PhilHunt » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:59 pm

Sam is a very busy guy with work and family. His Prismatone making is just a hobby. I think he fills orders when he gets time to. I'm sure there are many folks who would like a Prismatone. But, frankly personal matters are more important. I'd love to sit down everyday and pick guitar but I can't because of my two little kids. I'm lucky if I get a 1/2hr of playing in 1 week. Sometimes I go weeks without playing. Taking care of family and kids is busy work. Hopefully when they get older I'll have more time to learn those tough Chet tunes.
PhilHunt

Postby Mattes1981 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:40 am

Hi Phil,

His Prismatone making is just a hobby

Sorry, i didn´t know that. I was just wondering if my mails arrived. To me it would be enough to leave me a little message that sais, that he received my request and will contact me if he have more time. Im not i a hurry - just want to know that.

I'm lucky if I get a 1/2hr of playing in 1 week.

:shock: 1/2 hr a week and you´re playing like you do ?? Unbelievable...that would take me years to learn 1 Chet / Jerry piece :-)

Anyway - thanks for your explanation - i will wait....

Too bad - now i have the blueprints for the cutaway - i have the prismatone bridge from Mel - but i can´t help - theres no prismatone around :lol:
Mattes1981

Postby Texican65 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:27 pm

What Phil...1/2 hour a week...come on. Ha...I play all day long at work in the caboose or in the 2nd engine on whatever train I'm on......and I'll never be as good as you sonny boy!
Texican65

Postby jay » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:53 pm

".I play all day long at work in the caboose"
It has been 15 years since I have seen a caboose...
jay kantor
jay

Postby JDGPicker » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:35 pm

I sure hope you can get a Prismatone. I have one in my Sand mahogany model and love it. It is a very well balanced pick-up...the basses do not drown out the trebles and has a great tone when played through a Schertler Unico. Good luck...Jimmy
Jimmy Gordon
JDGPicker

Postby srgntschultz » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:31 pm

Buy a Barbera you will love it. Its the best nylon guitar pickup i have ever heard. I do have 2 prismatones and they sound good but the barberas in my sand guitars are the best and i have one in a steel string and its also a great sounding pickup.
srgntschultz

Postby Eddie Estes » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:01 pm

I have a Prismatone that I got from Sam and I am finally getting the Clawmaster I got from Craig
together. The Prismatone is an excellent design. Really one of the best acoustic pickups around.
I know Sam is busy but if I can ever scrape together enough cash for another Sand or Stuckless guitar
I will put a Prismatone in it.
Eddie Estes

Postby Eddie Estes » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:03 pm

Not taking anything away from the Barbera either. They are great too. But if you are looking for the sound
Chet used on Solo Flights or the sound Jerry had a Prismatone is the ticket.
Eddie Estes

Postby Eddie Estes » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:06 pm

Mel had a good thing potentially. He just could not get it together.
It's a shame. I have a good Clawmaster. The finish is peeling off. Other than that
it is great. I need to get it re-finished. Mel needed a person to keep him on schedule I think.
Eddie Estes

Next

Return to Guitars and Equipment