SO giddy I can't stand it ! - PARKEL #9

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

SO giddy I can't stand it ! - PARKEL #9

Postby MitchC » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:05 am

Thanks to Richard Hudson for tipping me off that Bud Park has made his last Standel Clone amp, the "Parkel" so, NUMBER NINE, is MINE ALL MINE - I've been lusting for a Standel 25L15 for a while but felt it was out of reach. So THANK YOU Richard for putting me in touch with Bud and making a recommendation. I know he only built these for familt and friends, so I consider myself truely blessed and fortunate to be able to aquire such a fine, fine work of art and love !

Bud managed to get ahold of a Standel built 2 months before Chet's amp was built and studied the design. So his clone is as close to what Chet played as humanly possible. WOW.

Paper dust cap on the JBL (YES!), extra set of tubes (DOUBLE YES !) 3 knobs... plain and simple. Right up my alley.

I'm giddy as a can be and drooling all over myself ! Never thought I'd get this amp. Bud was great to work with. What a true gentleman. I'm honored to now own his (last possibly) amp to be made !

(Sorry for the photo-glut ! - Canya tell I'm EXCITED ! ?)

Last edited by MitchC on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MitchC

Re: SO giddy I can't stand it ! - PARKEL #9

Postby rhudson » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:15 am

That's great, Mitch. You're gonna love it. Bud Park's work is extraordinary.
rhudson

Postby guitarchuck » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:52 am

Congratulations Mitch! I'm sure you'll love this amp for the rest of your life. I've got the next best thing: Schwickerath serial number 1 and only. Bud's a great guy and a true expert on these amps!
guitarchuck

Postby Steve Sanders » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:03 am

Well, you are in for the ride of your life!! So fasten your seatbelt!! I know because I am the proud owner of Parkel #8. Like nine other lucky folks, I am truly blessed. Actually 10, don't wanna forget Chuck! Bud is a great guy and maybe a mad scientist. His work is exceptional and he's a nice guy to boot. We are lucky to have met and know him. Congratulations Mitch on #9! Steve
Steve Sanders

Postby PhilHunt » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:03 pm

I'd put Bud right up there with Ray butts, Paul Bigsby, and Sam Kennedy. A true genius. Bud built me a battery box for my Baldwin guitar and it works great.
I heard Richards Standel clone at CAAS and it was amazing.
PhilHunt

Postby MitchC » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:00 pm

Thanks guys ! Can't wait to get her here and put it together, plug in, and faint from joy ! :lol:

Never thought I'd see the day... wow.
MitchC

Postby Joeb » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:57 pm

Hey Mitch what did that amp set you back? Looks like a nice simple amp. Thanks JB
Joeb

Postby MitchC » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:07 pm

JB, I don't feel comfortable sharing in public what I pay for things. No offense meant at all. I will say that I delayed contacting Bud because what I was expecting the price to be was out of reach. I was very pleasantly surprised and put a down payment on it shortly thereafter.
MitchC

Postby MitchC » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:53 pm

SHE'S HERE !!! .. Just finished putting her back together and plugged in...

Now, I'm not a vulgar man and given to swearing but, this about sums up my reaction:

What PURE, sweet sound ! Ah man, I've died and gone to Heaven I'm tellin' ya.

NOW, the bad news... wife says, "So it all works OK ? " .. Me: Yep, it's GREAT! Her: Terrific, put it back in the box so I can wrap it. It's going under the tree !!" Me: WHAT !!! Her: Yep, next time you play it will be Dec 25th ! Me: but, but, but, .... whatever you say dear.

So.. sound bytes will be delayed. (I need the practice anyway) :roll:
Last edited by MitchC on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MitchC

Postby rhudson » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:27 am

Mitch, you're a lucky man. You're the proud owner of the last one of what I believe to be the finest amp for Chet picking in existence today. When I leave this old world behind, barring any unforeseen circumstances ahead, my family will still have my Parkel in their possession. My search for the perfect amp ended when I got that one.

Congratulations. I am happy for you.

Thanks,
Richard
rhudson

Next

Return to Guitars and Equipment