Gretsch pages archive/added the original CGP

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Gretsch pages archive/added the original CGP

Postby thenorm » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:27 pm

I took the liberty of adding Chet's original "Red Gretsch" CGP to the gretschpages archive.

http://gretschpages.com/guitars/models/examples/619/

I put it in the "6120 Chet Atkins" section rather than the CGP "Stereo" section because I believe it to be a transitional/experimental instrument that was made that way for recording purposes and not as a "stereo" instrument althougb it can be used that way if one so chooses.

Anyway, I think the archive is a neat idea and wanted to get that guitar entered with as much data as I've been able to gather over the years thanks to Paul's posts here...
thenorm

Re: Gretsch pages archive/added the original CGP

Postby BillB » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:41 pm

Nice work, Norm!
I understand wanting to keep it private, but I wish the current owner would at least send some recent pictures to someone and answer any questions that folks might have. Oh well, I'm glad we have all of the information that you posted. That pretty well covers it.

Bill B.
BillB

Postby Joeb » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:34 pm

Looks to me that other guy in the picture with Chet looks like. a young Porter Wagner. Am I correct? Thanks Joe
Joeb

Postby thenorm » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:20 pm

you are correct indeed.
They had that picture made just before Porter went to Nudie The Tailor for his first rhinestone suit.... :-)
thenorm

Return to Guitars and Equipment