DPs Sexy Tina

A place to share your music! Post and view audio links.

DPs Sexy Tina

Postby doublestop » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:39 am

Wanted to reply in the thread where this was posted, but for obvious reasons it is locked. David did a great job of recycling an old track, adding some different processing, and calling it new. The track sounds exactly the same as the other one on YouTube (because it is)..
doublestop

Re: DPs Sexy Tina

Postby pattie surman » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:35 am

I saw the video from this performance which was done live. What are you talking about? What same track?
pattie surman

Postby TJames » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:05 pm

Wes Said in thread titled "A Sunday Track for DP's chetboard friends"

An original song by David Paul called "Sexy Tina" live from a concert in Boston, MA
You may have heard on youtube or one of his albums, but there is alot more in this one. The band was playing great that night and the licks were right. He wanted to share this with his friends on the Chetboard. Enjoy the music!
Thanks,
Wes Southerland

This seems to indicate a different concert. The mp3 does not have the same verbage spoken by David as the youtube video. The instrument tracks sound identical. Hard to believe that is 2 different live concerts.
TJames

Postby BillB » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:44 pm

Interesting in this thread is that 2 of the 3 posts are first time posts. Not that it really means anything, but it is unusual.

Bill B.
BillB

Postby George Beasley » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:57 pm

I've only listened to the mp3 posted on the other thread, and the FingerStyle portions sound great...better than I can do. If this was me, or 95% of the regular Chetboarders, then we would all be posting accolades on a job well done. But it is not. It is a recording by D@vid P@ul, and the Chetboard demands a more thorough critique. OK, I will bite. I think he is great. The stuff I have heard lately has really great Chet-style playing. He has really put in the effort. As far as the recordings go, my main criticism is the fake drums. For me, it draws away from the recording. My other critique is of the inclusion of the overdriven solo. It was done well, but I'm not quite sure if it fits. That being said, I didn't think it fit when Chet did it on the "Picks on Jerry" record, either.

Anyway, I liked the song. Some parts of production need help, but otherwise, it was really good.

Keep up the good work, David. You have obviously dedicated yourself to this style, and it shows. Get a real drummer, play great, but lighten up on the promotion.
Thanks,
George
George Beasley

Return to Audio files