A Sunday Track for DPs Chetboard Friends

A place to share your music! Post and view audio links.

A Sunday Track for DPs Chetboard Friends

Postby Wes Southerland » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:54 pm

An original song by David Paul called "Sexy Tina" live from a concert in Boston, MA
You may have heard on youtube or one of his albums, but there is alot more in this one. The band was playing great that night and the licks were right. He wanted to share this with his friends on the Chetboard. Enjoy the music!
Thanks,
Wes Southerland
Attachments
Sexy Tina.mp3
(5.39 MiB) Downloaded 927 times
Last edited by Wes Southerland on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wes Southerland

Re: A Sunday Track for DPs Chetboard Friends

Postby srgntschultz » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:17 pm

I dont think anyone i have heard at caas sounds like chet as much as david,and that clip was live! And i love the fact that they are his own songs,not just copying chets tunes and arrangements. Thats a really great sounding song,if his new cd has songs like that it will be a real winner!
srgntschultz

Postby Norm » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:50 pm

He's pretty good but he's no Guy Van Duser
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby srgntschultz » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:47 pm

You are correct,davids a great composer, guitar player and keyboard player.
srgntschultz

Postby Norm » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:08 pm

"Great" is a matter of opinion.

When several other artists start doing covers of his songs then he might be considered a "composer". Meanwhile he's a guy who writes his own stuff. Nothing wrong with that. Admirable, actually, but until others start doing covers, not particularly remarkable in a competitive business.

I have Guy VanDuser's latest CD "A Session With Guy Van Duser". When Guy plays Chet style he does it so well the hair on my arms stands up. Like I said, David is a good guitarist but so is Ray Cummins, another Chet style guitarist making a living at it.
Great keyboard player? >meh< so he doubles.

Looking forward to David getting his own website.

and again, it's just opinions, here. You posted yours...I posted mine.
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

That should do it.
Norm

Postby srgntschultz » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:42 pm

Unfortunetly, i dont compare guitar players its a matter of personal taste. And i'm waiting to see you get your own website and maybe then you can compare all the guitar players out there!
srgntschultz

Postby HeyMerle » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:49 pm

Wes Southerland wrote: Comments are welcome and appreciated by all

Weird.
HeyMerle

Postby Wes Southerland » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:16 pm

HeyMerle, I edited my post just for you. Didn't have to use a weirdo nickname for my post though. I wish you would use your real name so i can identify you in the fingerstyle world as to where you fit in. Besides being a troll in my posts.
Wes Southerland

Postby HeyMerle » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:54 pm

Wes Southerland wrote:HeyMerle, I edited my post just for you. Didn't have to use a weirdo nickname for my post though. I wish you would use your real name so i can identify you in the fingerstyle world as to where you fit in. Besides being a troll in my posts.

You asked for an opinion. I gave it. His odd approach to "marketing" (for lack of a better word) himself distracts from his playing.
HeyMerle

Postby Norm » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:06 am

srgntschultz wrote:I dont think anyone i have heard at caas sounds like chet as much as david,!

For someone who said " i dont compare guitar players its a matter of personal taste..." it looks like you did exactly that in your earlier post, comparing David to Chet.

Seriously, though.. I noticed David doesn't appear to have a Facebook page either. Thom Bresh and Ray Cummins (to mention just two well known guitarists) use Facebook as an active and energetic fanbase connect. Again, nothing wrong wih him not having one but it is a good marketing tool.

I don't have a Website, true... I just have a simple method for people to connect to my YouTube posts. I make no claims for my ability (or lack of it). There are no Chet covers in my small group of songs unless you count my dobro rendition of Stephen 'Foster Medley

That should do it.
Norm

Next

Return to Audio files