Bakers Chet tabs

Need help? Don't know how to embed youtube videos? Can't listen to mp3's on the forum? Problems browsing the Chetboard? Find the solution here!

Bakers Chet tabs

Postby aking » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:23 pm

Is Jack Baker going through menopause? The tabs are available...then they are not. Thanks, for the explanation, Jack. My apologies.....
Last edited by aking on Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
aking

Re: Bakers Chet tabs

Postby Norm » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:10 pm

Just be glad they're available when they are.
I think he gets pressured by the copyright police from time to time and the other factor is he teaches for part of his living and making the tabs available can sometimes cut into his income. Some time back I just saved copies of the songs I liked. Fat lot of good it did me because I spend so little time playing guitar...

All I know is most of those tabs I wouldn't have if it wasn't for him. Thanks, Jack...
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby jay » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:38 pm

Agreed Norm. Helluva way to ask for something.... Most folks overlook the fact that it takes quite a bit of investment in time and money to offer a website, like Jack has, for so long. And I betcha the ratio of griping to appreciation is about 10:1. Why would anyone want to offer something for nothing, and get hammered for doing it? An easy, no-brainer solution to that nonsense.
jay kantor
jay

Postby stambi » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:44 am

Jack,
Sometimes I'm visiting your pages and sometimes I'm trying to use it. Thank you for sharing. I agree with You.
Boris Stambuk
stambi

Postby RandeDager » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:36 am

Jack, I just wanted to jump in and let you know how much I've appreciated your graciousness in posting those tabs so many times. After once watching the site go down and worrying that it might never come back up, I was thrilled when it returned and I made sure to download everything that interested me and did it all in one downloading session, just for peace of mind.

How do you manage to "safely" put the site back up after taking it down because of copyright threats? You've done this several times over the years. Why don't you get in trouble when "the authorities" see your site back up after previous warnings that you've "temporarily obeyed"?

I'm happy that it continues to work out for you (and us), but I've often wondered how serious these "copyright police" are?
Rande
RandeDager

Postby Norm » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:46 am

RandeDager wrote:I've often wondered how serious these "copyright police" are?

The copyright owners (usually a publishing house) sic a lawyerly 'cease and desist' on him. It ain't no citizen's commitee. He's always at risk of being the guy picked "to make an example of."
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

That should do it.
Norm

Postby Norm » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:18 pm

Hal Leonard Publishing gets excitable sometimes

That should do it.
Norm

Postby tewhite » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Same here Jack , I would have given up a long time ago or played them MY way and would have sounded real
awkword . Or should I have said Awfool . :o (play on words),.

But again hear is my chance to say thank you so much again and for taking the time and hard work to figure all
these hard things out. Nothing easy about Chet`s music ! !
tewhite

Postby Tom Keller » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:51 pm

I too would like to say thank you Jack. Your website was a treasure trove of information. I only wish I would of had access to it when I was 14 years old.

Thanks Again
Tom Keller

Postby Len R » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:23 pm

Add me to the list of those who appreciate Jack's effort to post all those Chet tabs. For me, it has been invaluable, a treasure trove. No gripes, just Thank You Jack. It really has been so helpful.
Len
Len R

Return to Support