Let's put that Josh Woods right to work!

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Let's put that Josh Woods right to work!

Postby Pickin Palmer » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:27 am

We are so lucky to have that NTPHF 2010 grand prize contest winner to come play for us at the McConnell Arts Center this week at their Thursday Evening Music at the Mac Series. Anybody within an hour or so of Columbus, Ohio should take time to come hear this young man do our kind of pickin' proud. Travis, Chet, Reed, Tony Enamel - whatever - dudn't matter - he hops right on it. This Thursday, Oct 7th - 7 - 9 pm. Cost = $5 donation.

McConnell Arts Center
777 Evening St
Worthington, OH 43085

Call (614) 431-5570 for more info - or, visit http://ofgc.net/ofgc_news.htm

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Re: Let's put that Josh Woods right to work!

Postby John Knowles » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:59 pm

I'll second that. John
John Knowles

Postby RonBloor » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:04 pm

Five Bucks!!! That's a steal... You got some great talent there in Josh. I sure wish I could go see that, but alas, we live in different parts of the country... as a matter of fact, we live in different countries ;)
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby RandyBuckner » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:50 pm

Wish I lived closer so I could see Josh play. The cost is a bargain at twice the price. Randy
RandyBuckner

Postby Pickin Palmer » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:21 pm

John, Ron n' Randy - all three of youz guys were there to watch Josh play and win the grand prize. And, I've got to say, John, I'm so glad I didn't have to judge that one - we had a bunch of super players that had to make scoring a headache for you. Randy, Robert Anderson, and young Ben Owens were all simply outstanding. However, you know Eddie Pennington dudn't say much - but, after Josh won the grand prize he looked me right in the eye and said, "You know, Palmer, we might just have heard the "next" one." NOBODY can "step to the plate" onstage like Eddie P, and I gotta believe he knows what he's talking about...

What a wonderful weekend that was at the Travis Center in Muhlenberg County. I'm just trying to keep a little bit of it alive up here in Columbus, Ohio...

Palmer

PS Ron, you are frum Canada???? I would have never known - eah? (lol) How about next year you bring Randy F and the gang with you?? Drive the first leg (7 hrs) down to Columbus - we'll have a Pickin' Party - eah? And, then get up the next day and drive on to Central City?????
Pickin Palmer

Postby RonBloor » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:15 am

Pickin Palmer wrote:PS Ron, you are frum Canada???? I would have never known - eah? (lol) How about next year you bring Randy F and the gang with you?? Drive the first leg (7 hrs) down to Columbus - we'll have a Pickin' Party - eah? And, then get up the next day and drive on to Central City?????

You're on... Now I just need to convince Randy and the gang :)
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby RonBloor » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:08 am

If you read this Palmer... would you give us a report on how things went for Josh at the Art's center in Worthington last night... I'm sure he was a hit :) but details would be nice. Thanks.
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby Glenn Burgin » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:26 am

No wonder I didn't see you guys in the pickin' room last night. I forgot all about your fingerpickin' meeting there Palmer. Wish I could have been there to watch Josh, man that fellow can pick a guitar. I think he's the next one to take on the 'big' challenge, don't you think? I agree with EP about that.
Glenn
Glenn Burgin

Postby Pickin Palmer » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:30 pm

Sorry about the delay in replying to your request, Ron - but, the Trojans got my computer, AGAIN... (Don't trust Norton with your life...or, your computer! )

Josh came, played and did a great job. He's obviously spent a lot of time practicing his guitar - and, it shows. He's all over that thing - and, he takes advice well. I advised him to start off with something subdued and easy to listen to - and, he did. (Bye Bye Blackbird & Autumn Leaves.) Then, he stepped up with Cannonball Rag and Blue Smoke. Blew the audience away. As an encore he played St Louis Blues. "When are you going to get this boy back, Palmer," was asked of me several times. He will...

I was especially pleased that his dad, John, came up with him. We didn't have a whole bunch of time but John and I flogged a couple down in Josh's dressing room (oh, yea, we be in the big time.. (lol) There's no doubt where Josh got his love of guitar from. His step-mom, Janie, sang the lines to a couple tunes, as well. The boy is surrounded by music.

The only thing we gotz to teach this young lad is to not grimace when he "thinks" he makes a mistake. I'm recommendin' he take the Scott Taylor University course "if you make a mistake - look like you meant it - 101" LOL Even with a couple mistakes (from his perspective) he's still 10 times the guitarist that most of us are. He's gonna be one to watch - and, LISTEN TO.

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Postby JackBowman » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:54 am

Palmer, if you want to get rid of the Trojans real quickly, go download a freeby called .... STINGER .... Just google it.

I had 3 Trojan virus in my computer that Panda antivirus would not delete or even touch.

Stinger got them on first try.

Good Luck !

Tee
JackBowman

Return to Announcement and News