In The Sweet By and By

A place to share your music! Post and view audio links.

In The Sweet By and By

Postby rhudson » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:04 am

Here is my Sunday morning offering. This is an arrangement that I learned from Mr. Gospel Guitar, Dwayne Friend. Dwayne has been and continues to be a great inspiration to me on guitar. This is not his exact arrangement but the idea for sure came from him. In The Sweet By and By fingerstyle.

I hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for listening.

https://www.box.com/s/7b8101f8180c6b297a23
rhudson

Re: In The Sweet By and By

Postby GaryL » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:10 am

Richard,
Loved it.
GaryL
GaryL

Postby Wes Southerland » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:49 am

Great job Richard! That is a nice version of a fine hymn. A great way to start Sunday morning. I always liked what I heard of Dwayne Friend's music also. Great Sound A+
Wes Southerland

Postby guitarchuck » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:42 pm

Sounds great Richard. I agree with what Eddie Pennington said on Facebook a little while ago, you need to make a new CD of old gospel hymns.
guitarchuck

Postby Steve Sanders » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:02 pm

"Well, I'll say!" That's "Okie" for "that was real nice"! Smoother than a mud-cat! What kind'a amp wuz-zat? Sounded kind'a like an Acme Tremo-verb-a-dilla. You get the nicest tone and sound Richard. Always good to hear ya play. You are a favorite to many. Did Chet ever get to hear ya play? If he didn't I'm sure he would be mighty impressed and proud. Keep a-goin'. Folks like what you are doin'! Steve
Steve Sanders

Postby rhudson » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:15 pm

Thank you all for listening and for giving me a chance to mention Dwayne's name in public again. Dwayne has contributed an awful lot to fingerstyle guitar from the Gospel side. Steve, I think you know what amp it was. I really didn't feel like I did it justice on that particular one, but I love the amp.

Bless you folks. Thank you very much.
rhudson

Postby Dwight Barnett » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:45 pm

Thanks Richard that was great, You don't know it but I lost my youngest son in a car reck a few weeks ago. I got on here to just pass some time and clicked on this song, My wife just looked at me and said with tears in her eyes, That is the first time i seen you smile since the accident. God is useing you in ways your not aware of. Thanks for playing this, I use to play it for my son and he loved the song, He always sang it in Church.
God Bless, Dwight (captfd)
Dwight Barnett

Postby rhudson » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:47 pm

Dwight, I don't know what to say. I am so sorry to hear about your Son. I didn't know. My prayers and condolences to you and your family.

Richard
rhudson

Postby JeffS » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:25 am

Nice job Richard. I always enjoy your playing. This is one of my favorite songs; hearing it always brings back good memories. Keep them coming.

Jeff Stovall
JeffS

Postby Roger Hardin » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:48 am

Very Nice Richard. You always do a good job.

Dwight, Sorry to hear about the loss of you son. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Roger Hardin

Return to Audio files