Jay Turser White Falcon clone Gretsch guitar

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Jay Turser White Falcon clone Gretsch guitar

Postby Joeb » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:49 pm

I thought I'd pass this on. I picked up a used but like brand new mint condition Jay Turser JT140 Colonel guitar on E Bay. Price $250.00 and free shipping. I have to say to anyone on this board who doesn't have the cash in these hard times we live in today for a real deal Gretsch try out this JT140 Colonel guitar. It's as close to a real Gretsch as one can get. I swear it! It's a little bit smaller than a standard Gretsch but not by that much a few inches I'd say and the neck plays just like my G-6119 -1962 HT Tenny and my othe 5 High end Gretschs . This guitar is really beautiful in White and the pickups sound right on the money as my other Gretschs with the filtertrons. Too boot It also looks just like the high end Gretsch White Falcon give or take a few control switches and back pad to mention a few. The Tremelo system which is made by Burns is nice and is easy to restring because it has no pins on the bar. Jay Turser put together quite a nice guitar for a fraction of a Gretsch. Just thought someone here would be interested at a guitar pretty much the same as a Gretsch Tenn guitar. Take care. Joe
Joeb

Re: Jay Turser White Falcon clone Gretsch guitar

Postby tyguy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:50 pm

Joeb wrote:I thought I'd pass this on. I picked up a used but like brand new mint condition Jay Turser JT140 Colonel guitar on E Bay. Price $250.00 and free shipping. I have to say to anyone on this board who doesn't have the cash in these hard times we live in today for a real deal Gretsch try out this JT140 Colonel guitar. It's as close to a real Gretsch as one can get. I swear it! It's a little bit smaller than a standard Gretsch but not by that much a few inches I'd say and the neck plays just like my G-6119 -1962 HT Tenny and my othe 5 High end Gretschs . This guitar is really beautiful in White and the pickups sound right on the money as my other Gretschs with the filtertrons. Too boot It also looks just like the high end Gretsch White Falcon give or take a few control switches and back pad to mention a few. The Tremelo system which is made by Burns is nice and is easy to restring because it has no pins on the bar. Jay Turser put together quite a nice guitar for a fraction of a Gretsch. Just thought someone here would be interested at a guitar pretty much the same as a Gretsch Tenn guitar. Take care. Joe

We are very fortunate to live in a time when such high quality workmanship exists.About everyone in my day started on a Stella(or comparable)strung with 13's minimum.George Gruhn stated that todays gits are some of the best ever made and we have more builders than ever.Gits from the Far East surpass Gibson and others in their attention to detail most of the time and they probably build in 1/2(or less)the time of Gibson.Japanese Gretsch's for the most part have no flaws(my Roundup has none)and have excellent workmanship(much better than Gibson).The guitar you describe must be beautiful(I like the white also)and I'm gonna check it out as the smaller body might work with my arthritic one better. "Only a Gibson Costs Enough" The Best,Ty M.
tyguy

Postby Mike Nye » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:40 am

tyguy wrote:
Joeb wrote:I thought I'd pass this on. I picked up a used but like brand new mint condition Jay Turser JT140 Colonel guitar on E Bay. Price $250.00 and free shipping. I have to say to anyone on this board who doesn't have the cash in these hard times we live in today for a real deal Gretsch try out this JT140 Colonel guitar. It's as close to a real Gretsch as one can get. I swear it! It's a little bit smaller than a standard Gretsch but not by that much a few inches I'd say and the neck plays just like my G-6119 -1962 HT Tenny and my othe 5 High end Gretschs . This guitar is really beautiful in White and the pickups sound right on the money as my other Gretschs with the filtertrons. Too boot It also looks just like the high end Gretsch White Falcon give or take a few control switches and back pad to mention a few. The Tremelo system which is made by Burns is nice and is easy to restring because it has no pins on the bar. Jay Turser put together quite a nice guitar for a fraction of a Gretsch. Just thought someone here would be interested at a guitar pretty much the same as a Gretsch Tenn guitar. Take care. Joe

We are very fortunate to live in a time when such high quality workmanship exists.About everyone in my day started on a Stella(or comparable)strung with 13's minimum.George Gruhn stated that todays gits are some of the best ever made and we have more builders than ever.Gits from the Far East surpass Gibson and others in their attention to detail most of the time and they probably build in 1/2(or less)the time of Gibson.Japanese Gretsch's for the most part have no flaws(my Roundup has none)and have excellent workmanship(much better than Gibson).The guitar you describe must be beautiful(I like the white also)and I'm gonna check it out as the smaller body might work with my arthritic one better. "Only a Gibson Costs Enough" The Best,Ty M.

This is very true . . . Take one instrument's individual components, digitally scan them, and viola you have a means to reproduce a virtually unlimited supply of parts to build countless instruments that are undetectably identical products of Computer Aided Design . . .
If BRUTE-FORCE isn't working, you're not using enough ! ! !
Mike Nye

Postby tyguy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:59 pm

Mike Nye wrote:
tyguy wrote:

This is very true . . . Take one instrument's individual components, digitally scan them, and viola you have a means to reproduce a virtually unlimited supply of parts to build countless instruments that are undetectably identical products of Computer Aided Design . . .

Mike,I remember our draftsman starting to use CAD when it started in the mid-seventies.I worked for DEC in Woburn Mass. then.What a coincidence his name was Mike also.The only things that's different about Gibson and even Epiphone necks(my sons and my Chinese Epi's are identical except for neck shape)is that they are mostly different.I've never seen many Gibby necks that were the same.I know they use an NC machine though and it's probably a random 2 or 3(neck shapes)that go on the NC and all designed with CAD. The Best, Ty M.
tyguy

Postby Mike Nye » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:28 pm

tyguy wrote:Mike,I remember our draftsman starting to use CAD when it started in the mid-seventies.I worked for DEC in Woburn Mass. then.What a coincidence his name was Mike also.The only things that's different about Gibson and even Epiphone necks(my sons and my Chinese Epi's are identical except for neck shape)is that they are mostly different.I've never seen many Gibby necks that were the same.I know they use an NC machine though and it's probably a random 2 or 3(neck shapes)that go on the NC and all designed with CAD. The Best, Ty M.

Ty, Rickenbacker, which is the oldest surviving guitar manufacturer in Calif. has a Youtube video demonstrating their CAD/CAM production shot by one of their tooling vendors. It's quite interesting to see the progression of their manufacturing methods over the years.

Mike

http://www.rickenbackerguitars.net/apps ... er-guitars
If BRUTE-FORCE isn't working, you're not using enough ! ! !
Mike Nye

Return to Guitars and Equipment