Too Old To Die Young

A place to share your music! Post and view audio links.

Too Old To Die Young

Postby Richard Hudson » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:14 pm

A few evenings ago my wife's nephew and his girl friend attended a concert in Wimberly, TX that featured a most talented songwriter and singer. Kevin Welch wrote Too Old To Die Young and many other great songs. He pretty much travels and performs solo now using only an acoustic guitar. After the concert, Cody, the nephew and Kevin had a very nice visit. Cody puts together all of the entertainment for the Ducks Unlimited in Texas and Oklahoma. As they were talking Cody mentioned my name and Kevin said yeah, I'm a fan. Well, that is one of the most humbling and flattering remarks I have ever had made because I would never have thought that such an enormously talented man would even know I existed. Admittedly, my head is still in the clouds a bit, but you never want to believe that stuff. We all just do what we do the best we know how. I wish I could devote more time to playing and singing.

King Arthur's second cousin, Old Man Gout, has been tearing me a new one the last several days. It has really sapped my strength and my voice is weak. But Kevin energized me so much that I had to try my favorite song of his. I miss some of the notes a bit and I run out of air a couple of times. It would have been good if I could have had drums added and a good pedal steel instead of my G&L for the fills, but as I mentioned above, I did what I could with what I had. It's rough, but the song is so powerful.

Thank you very much for taking the time to listen.

http://www.acidplanet.com/components/embedfile.asp?asset=1369041&T=9378
Richard Hudson

Re: Too Old To Die Young

Postby Carl Martin » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:47 am

Great song and great performance Richard. I hope your gout eases up for you.
Thanks for posting, Carl....
Carl Martin

Postby Richard Hudson » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:05 am

Thank you, Carl. Hope things are going well for you down there in Abilene.

Edited to say to you, Carl, that I caught an outstanding performance of The Time Jumpers the other night on PBS and Carolyn knocked it out of the park with My Window Faces The South.
Richard Hudson

Postby Roger Pratt » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:34 pm

Hi Richard.....As usual you are too self deprecating and as usual you hit a home run. That is a wonderful performance of one of my all-time favorite songs. Thank you Sir and I pray that you feel better soon my friend.
Roger Pratt

Postby keener » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:56 am

Ditto on Roger's comment, Richard. Another fine performance. Thank you sir and I hope you are better soon!

Bruce
keener

Postby boguy41 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:59 pm

Wish I could listen to songs posted on Acid...still haven't found out how!!! When I right click on Download, all I download is the link which, when opened, brings me back to the first page, again (Loop). Maybe I live too far north... :mrgreen:
Guy Beaudry
...the older I get, the better I was...
boguy41

Postby Richard Hudson » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:42 pm

Sorry about the problem. Maybe this one will work better (I hope).

http://www.box.net/download/account/f_517596590/0/Too+Old+To+Die+Young.wma
Richard Hudson

Postby boguy41 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:54 pm

Thank you, Richard...I didn't know I had to be logged in to listen! I really enjoyed your rendition of "Too old to Die Young"

Excellent performance!!
Guy Beaudry
...the older I get, the better I was...
boguy41

Postby Dean Peterson » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:18 pm

Richard, great job on a great song.
Dean Peterson

Postby fhgetrpkr » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:01 pm

I really enjoyed that Richard, as I do all your music.

Freddie House
fhgetrpkr

Next

Return to Audio files