NEW TOY ALERT!!! Godin Duet Ambiance

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

NEW TOY ALERT!!! Godin Duet Ambiance

Postby Skip Ellis » Sat May 12, 2012 10:34 pm

Scored a sunburst Godin Duet Ambiance on Flea Bay . Got a GREAT deal - near mint condition with 2" nut and ebony fingerboard. These have the newer Fishman electronics which may (or may not) sound more natural than the RMC. Should be here Thursday - I'm like a little kid - can't wait.
Skip Ellis

Re: NEW TOY ALERT!!! Godin Duet Ambiance

Postby Tom Workman » Sun May 13, 2012 12:33 am

Congrats, Skip. I had the same feeling when I finally got my Nashville Classic about a year ago. -Tom W.
Tom Workman

Postby MitchC » Sun May 13, 2012 4:57 pm

I just bought the Godin Duet Ambiance. GREAT guitar. The added 4 position mic samples with blend control really makes this a great, more natural sounding nylon. Mine is the 1 7/8" nut width. No synth access but I don't use that anyway. CONGRATS !

MitchC

Postby RonBloor » Mon May 14, 2012 11:19 pm

The pickup system in those ambiance multiacs is quite amazing, but all that digital processing chews up the batteries pretty quickly... So I'm told..
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby Skip Ellis » Tue May 15, 2012 2:44 pm

Ron, I think they're talking something like 37 hours an a 9v battery.
Skip Ellis

Postby RonBloor » Tue May 15, 2012 6:58 pm

Skip, 37 hrs. is a LONG gig :) However, most analog pickups get 100s of hrs of life from their batteries.. I guess it really varies widely but batteries always (like most things in life) fail at the worst possible moment!! I'm such an optimist.. LOL
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby PaulBennett » Mon May 21, 2012 7:09 pm

RonBloor wrote:The pickup system in those ambiance multiacs is quite amazing, but all that digital processing chews up the batteries pretty quickly... So I'm told..

If I recall correctly, all one has to do is remember to pull the 1/4" plug at the guitar after playing and the battery disconnects. That and buying (all) batteries as Costco makes battery cost a non-issue.

FWIW I've a little used multiac which would make someone a great bargain. Bought it because I loved the way Bobby G sounds but can't begin to approach his touch. Great instrument.
PaulBennett

Postby guitarchuck » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:53 pm

I thought I would post about my new toy here too. I just bought a new Godin Grand Concert Duet Ambiance. So far I love this guitar! I didn't own a nylon string guitar but I needed one for my Christmas CD project that I'm working on. I decided to buy a used Gibson Chet Atkins CE on Ebay to record with, because I can't afford a Gibson Studio or Kirk Sand right now. I was going to use the Gibson CE for my recording project and then re-sell it when I was done with it. I got the Gibson and I couldn't get the tone that I was looking for when I was recording with it, so I put it right back on Ebay and sold it. I did a little research and found out about this Godin with it's Fishman Aura electronics and decided to buy one for my recording project. I'll probably sell it when I'm done, but at this point I would like to find a way to keep it if there's any possible way! The electronics in this guitar is outstanding! Godin builds great guitars for the money. I had a Godin ACS-SA Slim before and I wasn't that crazy about it, but I really like this Grand Concert Ambiance. I'm not a big fan of the looks of Godin's nylon string guitars, but the playability and plugged in tone of this guitar is fantastic!

http://www.godinguitars.com/godinmultgrconambiancep.htm
guitarchuck

Postby guitarchuck » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:54 pm

I just took a peek inside the 2 access panels on the back of the guitar. The guitar is hollow except for the electronics cavity on the upper bout. That area is hollowed out for the electronics but it's not totally hollow like the rest of the body. The guitar's cedar top is fan braced like a classical guitar.
guitarchuck

Postby guitarchuck » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:18 pm

The body of my Godin Grand Concert Duet Ambiance is 2.25" deep. I'm not sure, but it seems a little deeper than the Gibson Studio guitars that I've had before. Does anyone know how deep the Gibson Studio CE/CEC is?
guitarchuck

Return to Guitars and Equipment