Dave Pomeroy: some bass guitar fingerpicking

Watch and share videos from youtube

Dave Pomeroy: some bass guitar fingerpicking

Postby Tony Enamel » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:45 pm

Hi everybody,

I'd like to share some solo bass guitar playing by the wonderful Dave Pomeroy. He's fingerpicking his original composition "Not Forgotten" here. I know it from his most highly recommended solo bass record "Basses Loaded" (incl. "The Day Bass Players Took Over The World").

Enjoy!

Ingo
If it ain't got the groove, the bodies won't move.
Tony Enamel

Re: Dave Pomeroy: some bass guitar fingerpicking

Postby RonBloor » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:00 am

That was really something Ingo... for some reason I expected a little better behavior from the audience, but I guess that was just too much to expect.
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby Tony Enamel » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:26 am

Ron,

I wouldn't really blame the audience. It looks like it was an outdoor event and the things are always a little noisier than concert hall events. And to me it seemed that DP even started his performance a little hasty - the ceremony hadn't really begun yet, there were still people arriving, even on stage.

Nevermind. DP is a great musician and a great human-being as far as I know. I can highly recommend the album I wrote about above. It's fascinating because it does both, displaying what can be done with basses alone and giving you some wonderful music, not just showing off technically.

This event was the grand opening for a huge facility in Nashville for homeless people. DP has been involved in fundraising for a long time now and that's why they named a room for musical education in this building the "Pomeroy Music Room". It means very much to him, also because a fire destroyed part of his home and killed his dog not too long ago.
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100 ... r-homeless

Regards,

Ingo
If it ain't got the groove, the bodies won't move.
Tony Enamel

Postby GaryL » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Thanks for posting this. I really enjoyed it.
GaryL
GaryL

Return to Video Files