fingerstyle guitar magazine

Need help? Don't know how to embed youtube videos? Can't listen to mp3's on the forum? Problems browsing the Chetboard? Find the solution here!

fingerstyle guitar magazine

Postby Roger Crews » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:36 am

i was just on you tube and listening to bill piburn . great player .

i sure do miss the mag , and was just wondering if anything has come out in its place
Roger Crews

Re: fingerstyle guitar magazine

Postby Roger Crews » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:39 am

i will answer my own question. fingersytle guitar 360 is now up and running . thankyou

Bill Piburn

My new magazine has launched- http://www.fingerstyle360.com. Check it out and "like" us at facebook.com/fingerstyle360.
Roger Crews

Postby RandeDager » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:18 am

Now I wonder if the 2 year subscription fee that I paid for FG magazine would be transferable to this? I believe that most of us only received one issue for $54+
Rande
RandeDager

Postby RonBloor » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:44 pm

RandeDager wrote:Now I wonder if the 2 year subscription fee that I paid for FG magazine would be transferable to this? I believe that most of us only received one issue for $54+

That isn't going to happen Rande.. but I'm sure your question was of a rhetorical nature :)
I'm glad to see that Bill is getting another quality fingerstyle pub going. He was caught when Fingerstyle Magazine struck the iceberg (appropriate remark considering the Titanic anniversary!!). His new pub certainly looks unique and different, so I'm going to give it a try. There certainly isn't as much to lose with these online magazines and they might just be better than paper. I'm sick of throwing them away after just browsing them for a few minutes. Perhaps I will get a lot more from Bills new mag. I hope so!! :)
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby Randy Finney » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:04 pm

I am not sure if anybody has posted this opinion in any of the other previous threads regarding this topic but, just in case they haven't...

I think it would certainly be a shame if anyone allowed the Finger Style Guitar Magazine fiasco under Alfred Foss to hinder the success of Bill's Fingerstyle360 project. Many people got burned for at least a few years subscription as I did. (I also unwittingly facilitated some others here in Canada getting burned as FingerStyleGuitar.ca and Finger Style Guitar Magazine under Alfred Foss had a brief cross-promotion arrangement - until I realized there was something fishy going on.)

At any rate - and this is just speculation as I do not have the inside scoop on this - I would bet my guitar that Bill was probably the biggest financial victim. I doubt very much whether he got paid anywhere near what he should have been paid - if he even got paid at all.

At any rate, I just felt like saying that I, for one, completely separate my unpleasant experience with Finger Style Guitar Magazine from Bill's new Fingerstyle360 project, and that I think by supporting Bill, the Fingerstyle Guitar Community as a whole will be much stronger.

Randy
Randy Finney

Postby RandeDager » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:53 pm

I agree with the last few posts that I've been reading. I got to know Bill Piburn back in the mid-90's and he was a really nice guy with a lot of integrity. I've noticed that he has personally contributed a lot of his own material in this new project, indicating that he has more control this time. I think that I may also start fresh and move forward again with this new magazine. There seems to be no competition out there, including "Acoustic Guitar Magazine" which focuses more on the guitars being acoustic than it does on the style of playing. I'm not interested in lessons on "crosspicking" and other flat-picking techniques. Thanks for the most recent comments in this thread.
Rande
RandeDager

Return to Support