Snowbird

A place to share your music! Post and view audio links.

Snowbird

Postby Phil Waldron » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:30 pm

Today I was dwelling on the loss of my father and thinking how much he loved this sond so i decided to repost it and hope someone enjoys as much as he did. As Chet said, "I miss you Papa"

http://www.acidplanet.com/Components/Do ... 791&T=4230
Phil Waldron

Re: Snowbird

Postby Phil Waldron » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:47 pm

i was asked some technical questions ... the guitar used was a Gretsch Super Chet through a Fender Deluxe Reverb amp. Only outboard effects were a Lexicon PCM-42 delay and dBX compressor. The backing track was done by myself (all guitars/bass), wife (keyboards/strings) and son on drums/percussion.
Phil Waldron

Postby Steve Moran » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:58 am

Phil,
Sorry about your dad. Also our computers have a block on them so wasn't able to listen to your family's playing.

Just want to say that you picked a heck of a song and I love Chet's playing on Youtube (in his blue suit with Paul Y and band backing him) of Snowbird. That sure is a Chet classic! Thanks Phil for focusing on this song and bringing attention to it!
Steve Moran

:D
Steve Moran

Postby Norm » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:16 am

Chet was playing a show at a winery in Norhtern CA that I attended.

After a couple of warm-up tunes Chet announced he was going to play 'Snowbird'. He hit a note (probably to check the echo delay) and something was amiss.

He looked over at Paul,who put his guitar down ane was at the effects rack in two quick strides. Did some quick voodoo (probably some kind of switch) and went back to his guitar and they were (flawlessly) off and running.

...the joys of playing the road...
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby Phil Waldron » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:50 am

You are right Norm ... those two gentlemen were so professional and in tune with each other that nothing "rattled" them. Where us mere mortals would probably cringe and break out in a cold sweat, to them it was jsut another day "at the office."
Phil Waldron

Postby GaryL » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:26 pm

Phil,
Thanks for posting. Great performance and backing. What format is the audio on Acid Planet?
Thanks,
GaryL
GaryL

Postby Phil Waldron » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:33 pm

Gary .. the format was mp3 ... Thanks ... Phil
Phil Waldron

Postby GaryL » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:24 pm

Thanks Phil.
GaryL

Return to Audio files