Chet On Johnny Carson

Watch and share videos from youtube

Chet On Johnny Carson

Postby baggetta » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:04 pm

I recently came upon a couple of audio recordings someone sent me a while back (memory is gone!). Johnny Carson had Chet on some time in the 70's I believe when these audio recordings were made from off TV. Johnny promotes Chet's new album Chet Atkins Alone and then Chet plays The Claw and Odd Folks of Okracoke. The sound quality is not the greatest but Chet's playing is, as usual. If someone knows the date of this show, please let us know. I haven't seen any videos of this performance, but at least we have them in audio. You can find these on the Chet TV Page at my website:
http://baggetta.com/chettvpage.htm
baggetta

Re: Chet On Johnny Carson

Postby thenorm » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:23 pm

I think I saw that show and I distinctly remember Johnny going to break just before Chet's segment and they didn't cut his mic. Off camera he said something like "...what do we got? We got a guitar player and..." at which point the commercial came in. Odd that I remember that more than what Chet actually played. I think it was because he didn't refer to Chet by name.
thenorm

Postby Terry Tolley » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:04 pm

I seem to recall that Johnny once asked Chet about the two songs he played together (Yankee-Doodle Dixie) and Chet got the acoustic guitar from behind his chair and played a chorus of it. Chet joked that after he learned that, he's never been the same since.
Terry Tolley

Postby Tony Enamel » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:51 pm

Great, thanks!
If it ain't got the groove, the bodies won't move.
Tony Enamel

Postby Ray Cummins » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:48 pm

The night Chet played The Claw, he said on the air that he had something picked out that was easier to play but the producer wanted him to pick it up some, something a little more flashy.
Ray Cummins

Postby Franklin Mc Intyre » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:05 pm

~Al~ Chet Atkins & Doc Watson play'D Carson when they did there c d ~ And you know the tune they did !!!!
Franklin Mc Intyre

Return to Video Files