CHET ENCOUNTER

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

CHET ENCOUNTER

Postby GERONIMO » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:20 pm

IN THE MID-LATE 70'S I ATTENDED A "NAAM' SHOW IN CHICAGO. AS I WALKED THROUGH THE EXHIBITS THEREIN I PASSED THE GIBSON BOOTH,AND THERE SAT CHET ATKINS, AND LES PAUL JUST TALKING. I HAD MEET LES PAUL BEFORE AND HE REMEMBERED ME AND SAID,"HEY GERONIMO, YOU WANNA PLAY?" IN THE BEST VOICE I COULD MUSTER,I REPLIED,"yes" AND SAT DOWN. I SAT THERE AND PLAYED WITH THEM FOR HALF AN HOUR AN NOBODY THAT I KNEW CAME BY THE BOOTH, NOBODY, AND IT WAS BEFORE CELL PHONE CAMERAS.THEY PLAYED A SONG OF MINE AND DID IT GOOD, SURPRISE ! WE DID BYE,BYE BLUES,DRIVE IN,WALKING THE STRINGS,I'll NEVER FORGET IT,NEVER.
L.J."GERONIMO" HENRY
GERONIMO

Re: CHET ENCOUNTER

Postby Gary Smith » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:38 pm

That would have been fun to experience. As fate has it, some great encounters and happenings happen when no one is around to take a picture or use a video camera. :mrgreen:
Gary Smith

Postby kentwkistler » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:32 pm

Geronimo, it is best not to post messages in all capital letters. They are difficult to read. K E N T
kentwkistler

Postby cgprnd » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:31 pm

.......I wouldn't say they were "more difficult to read" but the intention behind the post is often misunderstood. You may have been excited about your encounter with Chet but I doubt you'd be screaming at us about it face to face......lol.

Rande
Rande Dager
cgprnd

Return to Announcement and News