A couple of great vids by Rob Bourassa

Watch and share videos from youtube

A couple of great vids by Rob Bourassa

Postby Doug_H » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:00 pm

We haven't seen Rob around here for a while. Great player!

Doug_H

Re: A couple of great vids by Rob Bourassa

Postby Claude Duguay » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:05 pm

Rob,you are a great guitar player ! thanks to sharing your nice music!
Many thanks Doug ..
Claude
Claude Duguay

Postby RonBloor » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:19 am

I've always enjoyed Rob's music.. He is an extremely talented musician, with some very unique ideas for making his music interesting... I saw him at CAAS a couple of years ago playing in one of the vendor rooms. I sure hope he makes it back soon.
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby Townhallsavoy » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:03 am

Dizzy Fingers - Excellent job on that one! That's always been one of my favorite Chet tunes.
Townhallsavoy

Postby rhirvine » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:32 pm

Very nice! That particular version of "Dizzy Fingers" is kind of like what Chet played on Hee Haw many years ago and has always been my favorite. If I ever again try to learn that song I'll use your video as a guide. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Rich Irvine
rhirvine

Postby Rob Bourassa » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:35 pm

Hello all.

Thanks for the kind words. I used to go to CAAS a lot 15 or so years ago, but I have been busy in the summer time, and was only able to get away for a small break a couple of years ago.

I am actually looking into stopping down this year, so I will keep you posted.

I don't get a chance to look at these forums often, but a friend of mine on FaceBook had informed me that a video or two of mine were posted here. I used to use the YouTube server to post examples for my Skype students to play along with at home, but now with the Mac I have had for the last couple of years, I no longer need to post lessons on my channel, but send them direct to the student, so I haven't done many vids lately.

Most of the performances on these are pretty dry, and not very artistic. I am hoping to do more this year that are a bit more entertaining.

Thanks again,

Rob
Rob Bourassa

Postby mnavos » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:22 am

quote: "Excellent! Rob, you just keep blowing my mind! Are you from another planet...LOL? Incredible technique and tone. As a guitar player of 35 years I know how difficult some of the tunes you play are. Hats off to you my friend."
mnavos

Postby thenorm » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:58 am

I'll second what Jack said..."Wow! You certainly have the note for note Chet style down perfectly...nice playing..."

and add that your demeanor of total rexaxation as you play is a bit astounding. Most of the other YouTube efforts others post show a little bit of 'I hope I can get through this take' tension that seems totally absent from your playing.

I also liked your personal embellishements in Jittterbug Waltz. People too often get caught up in speedy songs and rave about speed but how a person treats a delicate melody speaks volumes about their actual musicianship.

You're a cut above the rest...
thenorm

Postby craigdobbins » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:46 am

Rob's a great player with a sound of his own.

Craig
craigdobbins

Postby BillB » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:56 pm

Yeah, I've been impressed with those videos since the first time I saw them. Very smooth and clean with a super touch on the strings. Great stuff!!

Bill B.
BillB

Next

Return to Video Files