A Little Bit of Blues

Watch and share videos from youtube

A Little Bit of Blues

Postby NSM » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:48 pm

I've added a version of this to my youtube channel, it's on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2mtM7Taut8 - it's got some nice old photos of blues guitarists to look at as you listen :)
NSM

Re: A Little Bit of Blues

Postby lj musall » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:39 am

Neil,
Beautiful,
lj musall

Postby RonBloor » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:11 am

Really nice playing Neil... Nice pics as well. I'm always amazed at the length of Robert Johnson's fingers, when I see that one (and almost only) surviving photo of him. Thanks.
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby NSM » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:36 am

Thanks for the nice comments, guys :)

Ron - the pic of Johnson is not only interesting for the length of his fingers - it may be because it's an old photo, and not clear, but it looks to me like he's using a thumbpick??
NSM

Postby RonBloor » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:03 pm

Yes Neil, I thought that as well... about the thumbpick.. However, one must be careful about these old photos. I have a couple of books on Robert. There are photos in these books that are basically doctored up from the original to make it look like there are more photos of him than actually exist. One for instance has him smoking a cigarette, while in another pose he has no cigarette! The doctoring job is so poor that you can still see the impression on his lips where the cigarette was removed.. I suspect they could also have done likewise with the thumbpick. However, I'm just a cynical old guy that likes to speculate about such things. :) Personally I do believe he used a thumbpick, otherwise he wouldn't have gotten that driving bass sound in his delta blues.
Thanks again for the video.. Great picking.
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Return to Video Files