San Antonio Flight - an original composition

Watch and share videos from youtube

San Antonio Flight - an original composition

Postby Taffy White » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:04 am

Hey guys,

Thought I'd post post my new composition here. As always happy to hear your response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ab_v64SqA
Taffy White

Re: San Antonio Flight - an original composition

Postby DagerRande » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:52 pm

Paul that was very creative and well done! My comments are always going to focus more on other details than just the music. First of all, can you describe what you use for your interface, computer, and software? Also your video equipment? Also, do you videotape this all yourself and then have to cut out the part where you run back and forth from your camera or do you have someone else doing the videotaping?
Your technique is very intriguing and your right hand follows "my rule" of "economy of motion". You seem to keep all of your picking fingers close by for their next move. So many guitarists don't follow this, and may not even have that as a goal. I envy your ability not to "plant" your little finger when you pick. I depend on that too much, I'm afraid.
I hope to meet you at the convention in 2017 and I want to sit down with you if possible! I find myself always looking forward to any of your posts here. I think you may be new to the board but it is barely active any more but people like you keep me coming back! Thanks!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Roger Pratt » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:38 pm

Truly outstanding Paul! ! Love the tune.
Roger Pratt

Postby Bob key » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:47 pm

That was wonderful,such fine pickin, I condradulate you on one of the finist pickers ever to post on the chet board
keep im coming Bob
Bob key

Postby Taffy White » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:46 am

Hey guys,

Thanks so much guys for your positive response. Here is my setup for when I record as requested by Rande. First off Mac Mini computer, always stable and gives you very little trouble. I use Apple's Logic X as my DAW and use the Apogee Duet interface as my go between.This creates a really strong setup. I also use Izotope Ozone 5 & 6 to help mixing and Izotope Alloy for my guitar sounds. Combine these together with some appropriate tweeks and you can get some good sounds. I video record everything myself as bad as it may seem lol. Rande I will for sure meet you at the next CAAS in fact I'll look forward to it mate.
Taffy White

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:19 am

Thanks Paul, you are a great musician. Happy Holidays!!!!

Paolo
Spadaro Paolo

Postby MrAstro » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:20 am

I have already commented on this on Youtube but yes Paul is an extraordinary player. I also can't get over how creative the tunes are that he's writing either!

Good on you Paul!
MrAstro

Postby Ray Bohlken » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:29 am

Man, you have a great style and your songs are great. I sure enjoyed this and the others you have shared with us. Great job.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby Taffy White » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:29 am

Thank you Paolo, Astro, and Ray. I appreciate it very much. I started to write guitar tunes in particular about 5 years ago and I now have quite an extensive amount built up. Too many to video and post or I'd be hogging the video channel for months lol. Your positive replies to me from guys that matter and know where I'm coming from makes my day :D
Taffy White

Return to Video Files