Hopscotch - an original tune

Watch and share videos from youtube

Re: Hopscotch - an original tune

Postby Taffy White » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:23 am

Thanks Rande, I appreciate your comments very much and very glad to meet you too sir :D

I've seen Tommy Jones' videos and he was a great player. I also checked out Audie Wykle's videos after you mentioned him and enjoyed those too.

I see what you are saying about 'interpretation' being a major factor to listening enjoyment. Without that a great technical performance can be as dead as a duck and bring no entertainment to the listener. I've watched some amazingly technically good players on youtube but do they make me want to see them again? Usually...No. It's something I'd forgotten about in my own playing because I just aspire to play as well as I can and get the musical message across. If that works then I'm happy :D
Taffy White

guitarchuck

Postby guitarchuck » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:24 am

Great pickin'! I see you have a very early model Super Chet, with the extra fancy inlay at the very top of the headstock & also with Chet's signature instead of "Super Chet" on the pickguard. I always wanted one of the rare early model's like that. I always admired the one that Chet had on his "Finger Pickin' Good" album!
Last edited by guitarchuck on Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guitarchuck

Postby Taffy White » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:39 pm

Great minds think alike Chuck, that's the exact same reason I wanted this particular model Super Chet. As a teenager I used to drool over the guitar Chet was holding never for once thinking I'd actually manage to get a hold of one. :D
Taffy White

Postby guitarchuck » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:31 pm

Paul,
Another thing I like about those early models is the pickup covers. They have the original Filtertron covers instead of the open face or black face Filtertrons that most Baldwin era Gretsch guitars have.
guitarchuck

Postby Taffy White » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:32 am

Again Chuck I agree with you. I never liked the way the blackface pickups looked and the original filtertrons look so much better and more classy. Plus having Chet Atkins signature on my guitar is so cool as opposed to the name Super Chet on the pick guard. I look at and admire this guitar every day and it never gets old, it just keeps getting better.
Taffy White

Postby Ray Bohlken » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:52 am

What a great song! I enjoyed it very much. You have a great tone and some great ideas. I've never been able to play Jerry Reed style and the only song of his that I came close to learning was "La Madrugada"...and I wasn't all that close, either! :)

Take care,
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Previous

Return to Video Files