Walking Not Running

Watch and share videos from youtube

Walking Not Running

Postby Douglas » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:16 pm

Here's me struggling with an old Walk Don't Run backing track I dug out of my files from a few years back. Back before band in a box and ProTools, Garageband, loopers, that is. The backing is from an old cassette that was transferred into the Mac and into Garageband. Originally this was done on a once state-of the-art Yamaha PSS-480...one of those old mini-key keyboards with auto chording, rhythm and drum pads, and basic sequencing functions. Listening to it the other day I got a good laugh and thought I'd update and share it. You'll probably get a good laugh at the cheesy sounds, but it just goes to show how far affordable technology has become in the last few years.

Since the Venture's Walk Don't Run was such a hit (twice) in the sixties I used a Stratocaster. Something about the clarity and bell like clean tones you can get from a Strat make it a nice sounding fingerstyle guitar. The only real downsides are the narrow neck and the pickups getting in the way of the thumb pick and nails, but the tone is worth it IMHO.

Doug

And for those of you who remember here is The Ventures' smash hit of Walk Don't Run with Nokie Edwards on the bass guitar!

Douglas

Re: Walking Not Running

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:17 am

Doug, Walk Don't Run is my favorite song and I really like the way you played it. I really enjoy your playing and the sound you get. Thanks for posting this.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Return to Video Files