Lightning Rod by Paul White

Watch and share videos from youtube

Lightning Rod by Paul White

Postby Richard Hudson » Thu May 26, 2016 12:00 am

This is my excellent guitar picking friend in California, Paul White. I think this is the best version of this multi noted Jerry Reed tune that I have heard. Paul captures the spirit and feel of Jerry Reed's music better than anyone I have heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl4tsiHfuh8
Richard Hudson

Re: Lightning Rod by Paul White

Postby Ray Bohlken » Thu May 26, 2016 8:24 am

What a great video and the playing and tone was wonderful. I sent this link on to a couple of my buddies for their entertainment. That's a great guitar he's playing, too. He wrote about it in the notes under the video. He sure got a great sound out of it. Thanks for posting this, Richard.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby LMark » Thu May 26, 2016 5:26 pm

Thanks, Richard, for posting those great clips. What a great picker. The two duets linked on that page are also extremely well done. LMark
LMark

Postby Steve Sanders » Fri May 27, 2016 9:51 pm

In the words of Lawrence Welk....."thank-a you boys'a, that'a really set my toe to'a tappin'"!!! That was great!!! The best one out there besides ol' Jerry himself. Boy howdy, I would sure like to lay my hands on the tab for this tune. Anybody got the tab for "Lightnin' Rod??? Well, I gotta try!!! Paul is a fantastic player and inspiration. Steve
Steve Sanders

Return to Video Files