A great version of the Johnson Rag

Watch and share videos from youtube

Re: A great version of the Johnson Rag

Postby rkk2786 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:47 pm

Randy, your the first person I've ever heard play Jerry's arrangement of Georgia, awesome job my friend!
You nailed it!
Micah
rkk2786

Postby DagerRande » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:21 pm

Thanks, Micah! And I figured it all out by myself! I know I blew the ending on the video and never had a chance to redo it without mistakes before Jim Cobble passed away. He was the one who recorded it. I just wish I could play as well as I can decipher what I'm hearing! Micah, I remember you asking one year if certain people could play and when they told you no, I just couldn't bring myself to shout out "I can!".....lol

And Andrew, those videos are examples of what I meant about not being in control. I want to upload my own like you do!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby rkk2786 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:35 pm

I'm so glad you posted what you did, it doesn't have to be perfect, it's all about having fun!

Tx,
Micah
rkk2786

Postby DagerRande » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:00 pm

Micah, that means a lot to me coming from someone who grew up being conditioned to listening to such great guitar playing!
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Postby MrAstro » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:26 pm

Rande if you want to ever talk about the steps in producing the videos I'm always around to contact. Would you believe the video recorder I'm using is just an iPhone 6s :-) The sound is another matter.

I guess the benefit of doing you own videos if you make a mistake in a take you can always do another take and hopefully get through without anything too severely wrong.

I know it's ridiculous but I actually get nervous in front of the video camera just knowing it's on - let alone a real audience :-)
MrAstro

Postby DagerRande » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:19 pm

Andrew I know I would be nervous also, even doing my own, until I did it a lot. For me the big plus of doing it myself is that I don't infringe on someone else's time. The teenager who did the best job for me actually had a life that he had to put on hold for me! I'd rather not impose on anyone, even if they are being paid, which is never really enough.

I have a different income situation this year and may be able to make a lot of things happen for a change. I'm slowly getting used to it.
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Previous

Return to Video Files