Vincent cover (CHET ATKINS)-VIDEO

Watch and share videos from youtube

Vincent cover (CHET ATKINS)-VIDEO

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:42 am

Hello to all guys.....

Today I wanted to share with you my cover of Vincent, the CHET ATKINS arrangement in the album of 1994 "Read My Licks".

Here I used my beautiful new guitar MARTIN D18.

Amplified with Schertler m-AG6 pick up acoustic, magnetic combined with a very small condenser microphone that you can glimpse from the guitar hole....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqojM33C99Y

Hope you like it
Spadaro Paolo

Re: Vincent cover (CHET ATKINS)-VIDEO

Postby Roger Pratt » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:08 pm

Superb picking Paolo! Is that a Rare Earth pickup in your Martin?
Roger Pratt

Postby MrAstro » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:53 am

Well done Paolo - some great playing there. The new guitar sounded great on the recording too.
MrAstro

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:47 pm

Hello roger, The pickups I use in my D18 is a Schertler amg6 with the addition of the condenser microphone (optional).

The pickup is therefore a mix between a magnetic pickup and the effect of the microphone ...... reproduces quite faithfully the sound of my D18.

All this is then amplified by an SR Jam 150 plus a combo dedicated to the acoustic guitar.

Thanks again...............!!!!!!!!!!!

Grazie MrAstro!!!!!!!!!!!

Paolo Spadaro.
Spadaro Paolo

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:52 pm

here is a photo,notice the small condenser microphone
Attachments
SCHERTLER_4.jpg
Spadaro Paolo

Postby Ray Bohlken » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:28 pm

I really enjoy your playing on this and other songs. You had that great vibrato touch in this one, too.
Take care,
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby bwalkertwalker » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:38 am

Well done.
bwalkertwalker

Postby DagerRande » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:25 am

Spadaro, I will always continue to be amazed at your interest in playing songs that usually don't attract people of your generation!. When I was growing up, my guitar friends always wanted to play songs that attracted the girls. I always wanted to learn songs by Chet or Jerry. These never attracted women but they were much more satisfying to me and I felt a sense of accomplishment but nobody around me cared for them very much. How do the women in Spain like your music? Of course, you also seem like someone who women would be attracted to even without your guitar!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:01 pm

First of all I am Italian !!!! Precisely dress Messina, Sicily.
I wonder why these songs should not attract girls ??? Even if it did, I play what gives me good feelings .... for me the music of CHET ATKINS gives me the chills, goose bumps, in short, the right feeling. As I wrote in other posts, not only sound the music of Chet, I like to perform Wes Montgomery songs, Baden Powell, Charlie Byrd, Mark Knopfler, James Taylor, and so on .... sound all that gives me sensations. Finally I wish to state that in any case the Atkins music, the "Naschville sound", also attracts the girls here .... whatever happens, do not sound either for work or to be cool, but just because I like it !!!!! !

Grazie Dager,bwalkertwalker, Ray....

Paolo Spadaro.
Spadaro Paolo

Postby DagerRande » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:16 am

Sorry Spadaro, I feel foolish now! For some reason I thought you were in Spain. I think you are very fortunate that the women there enjoy good fingerstyle guitar and the style Chet Atkins! The only women that I have found who like my guitar style here in the U.S. are those who appreciate the SKILL involved but not the music. These women are usually musicians themselves. It is much the same for me when I appreciate the skill of a classical pianist or even a classical guitarist. I admire their high level of skill but I don't usually care for their music because I am very attracted to complex harmony and I don't hear this in much classical music. Sorry to offend anyone who likes it!

I agree with you about playing songs that you like and make you feel good.

Thank you again, Spadaro!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Next

Return to Video Files