Swedish Rhapsody Cover

Watch and share videos from youtube

Swedish Rhapsody Cover

Postby KatelynP » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:38 am

Swedish Rhapsody has been one of my favorite Chet arrangements for quite some time. I really enjoyed recording this one -- hopefully you enjoy listening to it equally as much!

Katelyn
KatelynP

Re: Swedish Rhapsody Cover

Postby MrAstro » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:57 pm

Hi Katelyn - your playing has really excellent timing and touch to it so I really think you are doing very well. I made sure I gave you a nice comment on your Youtube Channel. Well done again!
MrAstro

Postby Roger Pratt » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

Superb Katelyn!! Thanks!
Roger Pratt

Postby albertgen » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:23 pm

Very nice! Al
albertgen

Postby DagerRande » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:43 pm

Very nice, Katelyn! I noticed that you sometimes like to you use your thumbpick like a flat pick. I should probably try that once in a while for a "fatter tone" in places. I hope to see you at the CAAS convention in July!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Richard Hudson » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:53 am

Good job, Katelyn. I am impressed that you keep the groove all the way through the song, and not have the chronic speed up that many of us have. It is obvious you are putting in the practice time. That's what it takes. Keep up good work and keep that foot tapping. It works.

Richard
Richard Hudson

Postby Ray Bohlken » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:58 am

Katelyn, I really enjoyed your playing on this. Your tone and touch were excellent. The best part, though, is the fact that you looked like you were having a lot of fun. Keep up the great picking.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby DagerRande » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:08 pm

Ray, to me the best part was that she is having fun while being so YOUNG! Her generation in general isn't into any of this!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Ray Bohlken » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:22 pm

Hi Rande. I hope you're doing well. I agree...it is great to see a young player taking up this style of playing and doing good with it and having fun. She does an excellent job on her renditions of these songs. Take care,
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby KatelynP » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:46 pm

Andrew, Roger, Al, Rande, Richard, and Ray -- Thank you all for your incredibly kind comments! You made my day! :D

Rande - I guess all those years starting out playing Brad Paisley/Chickin' Pickin' style lent me that technique before I started with the thumbpick. I never actually noticed I use it on some Chet pieces. Thanks for pointing that out! And I'll be at CAAS. I'm looking forward to it!

And Rande/Ray - I wish more younger people were into Chet and the style. Tommy E. has definitely gotten a lot of people my age into finger style, but many of them still aren't as passionate about Chet. I'm currently in college studying guitar and besides myself, there's only a handful of finger style guitarists and only myself and one other (that I know of) who play Chet. It's unfortunate, but hopefully the tides are changing and my generation will start to find interest in it. :)
Katelyn
KatelynP

Next

Return to Video Files