Dizzy Fingers and Blue Angel covers by Matt Cowe

Watch and share videos from youtube

Re: Dizzy Fingers and Blue Angel covers by Matt Cowe

Postby UKMatt57 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:04 am

mark reinhart wrote:I would like to join in the chorus here and say just how much I have enjoyed all of your videos, Matt. When I was writing my book CHET ATKINS: THE GREATEST SONGS OF MISTER GUITAR, I watched countless internet videos of Chet playing his most famous songs. But even still, there are many momentous Chet numbers that he was never captured playing on any kind of video. So Matt, if there was a Chet song that I wanted to write about, and I couldn't find video of Chet playing that particular song, I would often turn to your YouTube videos. They helped me to better understand just what Chet was playing on quite a few tracks -- and in my opinion, this really improved the overall quality of the book. So, I would like to personally thank you for all of the time and effort you have put into your great Chet song videos!

Wow, Mark that is an honour!
UKMatt57

Re: Dizzy Fingers and Blue Angel covers by Matt Cowe

Postby mark reinhart » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:48 am

Matt, it is so kind of you to say that -- but please believe me when I say that I am VERY humbled by your playing! I have loved Chet ever since I was a young boy, and he definitely was a huge inspiration in terms of me wanting to become a guitarist -- but my guitar playing took the direction of providing flatpicking accompaniment for my singing, and I just never was able to grasp the intricacies of fingerpicking. So I watch players such as yourself, and I am amazed at your talent. Your playing (and the playing of many others here on the Chetboard) helps to keep Chet's legacy strong. I may not be able to play like you, but it sure does my heart good to listen to you!
mark reinhart

Previous

Return to Video Files