Dizzy Fingers and Blue Angel covers by Matt Cowe

Watch and share videos from youtube

Dizzy Fingers and Blue Angel covers by Matt Cowe

Postby UKMatt57 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:35 pm

Hi all, thought you might like to see my latest offerings, Chet makes these seem so effortless, I assure you they're not!
Thanks for looking, Matt

https://youtu.be/OL0BFDsHGls

https://youtu.be/sQee7IG2CtQ
UKMatt57

Re: Dizzy Fingers and Blue Angel covers by Matt Cowe

Postby Steve Sanders » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:11 pm

Another couple'a great tunes from one of the top Chet-Pickers in captivity!! THANKS A LOT Matt for those new tunes!!! I've been waiting and checking for some new stuff from ya. Folks, be sure and check out Matt's other stuff on the YouTube, you will impressed!!! Matt is one of the very few players that actually plays all our favorite songs just like we have heard them for all these years. And guess what, he has some TABS AND BACKING TRACKS for some of them!! Absolutely one of my very favorite players. Already ready for more tunes!!! Boy howdy, I gotta prac-tize more!!! Steve
Steve Sanders

Postby MrAstro » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:45 pm

Matt has given me a lot of help with my playing over the last year after I wanted to learn Chet's picking style.

He is an awesome guitarist and an all round great guy.

Needless to say his latest tracks are first class as per usual! :-)
MrAstro

Postby rhirvine » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:51 pm

Really liked it Matt! It is fairly faithful to the first time I ever heard it. Chet himself playing if on Hee Haw a long time ago. When Chet put the tab in the Guitar Player magazine, I wasn't even able to play the intro which was "G" and G6 I believe. at least not at that tempo. So I gave up.

Rich Irvine
rhirvine

Postby DagerRande » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:56 pm

Matt, you've illustrated a point I've made many times regarding technique. The fingers can't be wild and wandering!
There has to a very controlled and small range of movement for each hand in order to accomplish what you've just done. I have yet to see anyone play either of these with wild finger movements! What I mean by "wild" is for the fingers of either hand to wander a long distance from where they are supposed to be next. You did a great job!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Ray Bohlken » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:14 pm

These were both great videos and your playing was right on. I enjoyed them both.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby Pickin Palmer » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:18 am

Looks like I might want to move to "Cumbria"! This cat does it right.... Where in the world is Cumbria????

Palmer

PS I know - UK
Pickin Palmer

Postby BillB » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:28 am

Great job, Matt!! We sure have some fine pickin' being shared on the Chetboard!

Bill B.
BillB

Postby mark reinhart » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:49 am

I would like to join in the chorus here and say just how much I have enjoyed all of your videos, Matt. When I was writing my book CHET ATKINS: THE GREATEST SONGS OF MISTER GUITAR, I watched countless internet videos of Chet playing his most famous songs. But even still, there are many momentous Chet numbers that he was never captured playing on any kind of video. So Matt, if there was a Chet song that I wanted to write about, and I couldn't find video of Chet playing that particular song, I would often turn to your YouTube videos. They helped me to better understand just what Chet was playing on quite a few tracks -- and in my opinion, this really improved the overall quality of the book. So, I would like to personally thank you for all of the time and effort you have put into your great Chet song videos!
mark reinhart

Postby rhirvine » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:59 pm

Geez what a dummy I am. I forgot to say I was referring to "Dizzy Fingers" in my post above. I really liked your rendition of it.

Rich Irvine
rhirvine

Next

Return to Video Files