Norway (Norwegian Mountain Song)

Watch and share videos from youtube

Norway (Norwegian Mountain Song)

Postby KatelynP » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:40 am

One of my favorite Chet recordings has always been Norway (Norwegian Mountain Song) that was originally written and arranged by Claes Neeb. From the resources I could find online, both Chet and Claes seemed to play it different every time, especially the bridge, so I combined their two arrangements into one. Here is my attempt at it! Hope you like it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1hafLnmMhA

Katelyn
KatelynP

Re: Norway (Norwegian Mountain Song)

Postby MrAstro » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:19 am

Well that was really well done Katelyn.

Nice work!
MrAstro

Postby Roger Pratt » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:45 pm

Very nice work Dear!!
Roger Pratt

Postby DagerRande » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:26 am

Katelyn, I hope you can make it to the convention in Nashville in July! That was a nice job!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby KatelynP » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:23 am

Thank you everyone for the kind words!! I really appreciate it. :D

DagerRande - I'll be at CAAS this year. I'm really looking forward to it -- my first time!
Katelyn
KatelynP

Postby rkk2786 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:04 pm

Your doing a great job!
Micah
rkk2786

Postby KatelynP » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:01 pm

Thank you, Micah!!
Katelyn
KatelynP

Postby DagerRande » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:27 pm

Hi Katelyn,

Actually I lost my password a while back and had to sign up as a new member so I just reversed my name. It's Rande Dager. You'll love CAAS! It will be like Disneyland for you! The sad part is when it ends and you go back home to being alone again......at least nobody' I'm aware of plays this style where I live. I'm looking forward to meeting you!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Pickin Palmer » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:09 am

Very nice, Katelyn - and, thanks for the help on Winter Walkin... I'm so happy to read that you will be coming to CAAS this year for your first time. We LOVE it when young people like yourself take to our Chet music! It will be a little confusing at first - but, please remember to come into this little slice of heaven called the Picker's Club Room/Belmont Room - right off the main CAAS lobby. I am one of the organizers of the Room and we would LOVE to have you come play for us - shoot, we might even strum along with you. ;)

I also notice that you are from the Tampa area. Are you familiar with the Tampa Bay Fingerstyle Guitar Guild? They get together at different restaurants once a month over around the Safety Harbor or Dunedin areas. I'm not sure how "open" their format is - but, I know one of their members, Glen Hines of Dunedin, would love to have you play for them. Check their calendar for specific dates.... http://tbfgg.com/TBFGG_CurrentGigs.html

Personally, I come and stay in Indian Rock a few times a year and I always try to catch those guys when I'm there. Unfortunately, this winter I am coming for two weeks in between their scheduled get together at the end of Feb and the middle of March. Even if I miss their meeting, I always try to get together with Glen. He's one fine player. If you are looking for a mentor (free) he would be a good one if you get into Chet's later, more complex music like Blue Finger, Jiffy Jam, etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRwYfWKEdpU

Thanks so much, Katelyn, for choosing CHET! I'll look forward to meet you at CAAS this July....

Palmer Moore - Organizer, Ohio Fingerstyle Guitar Club
Pickin Palmer

Postby BillB » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:30 am

Very nice pickin' there, Katelyn! It's so nice to see young folks not only embracing Chet's music, but doing such a nice job of learning and playing it. Keep it going!

Bill B.
BillB

Next

Return to Video Files