Medley in A (Sugarfoot Rag, The Claw, Alabama Jubilee)

Watch and share videos from youtube

Medley in A (Sugarfoot Rag, The Claw, Alabama Jubilee)

Postby keener » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:38 pm

My brother mentioned several months ago that he'd like for me to record The Claw. Back 40 years or so ago, I was one of a relatively small number that could play it, and so I got a lot of requests for it. (Of course, now there's 10,000 pickers that can pick it a lot better than me.) I played it so often that I grew tired of it and haven't played it in years.

Well, I finally got up the gumption to record a little of it, along with a little of Sugarfoot Rag and Alabama Jubilee.

There's plenty of mistakes, but I hope you enjoy the picking anyway.

Last edited by keener on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
keener

Re: Medley in A (The Claw and More)

Postby Roger Pratt » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:41 pm

Nicely done Bruce....That's the 1st time I ever saw you smile......Keep it up!!
Roger Pratt

Re: Medley in A (The Claw and More)

Postby keener » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:28 am

Thanks Roger.
Normally when I record I have to pay too much attention to the recording itself, to make sure I'm not moving the neck off screen, and so on, and I have to set within a tight predefined area and just generally do not feel at ease. That's the main reason I look so serious in most of the recordings. I enjoy the picking well enough ... it's the recording that tightens me up.
keener

Re: Medley in A (Sugarfoot Rag, The Claw, Alabama Jubilee)

Postby Roger Hardin » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:56 pm

Very nice Bruce. I love the licks on Sugarfoot Rag. Very Creative and good playing too.
Roger Hardin

Postby keener » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:49 am

Thank you, Roger. I appreciate it. I came up with some new fingerings for part of Sugarfoot Rag, but for the most part, it's the way I played it years and years ago. Your version is much more innovative. I've got it stored as one of my YouTube favorites.

Take care
Bruce
keener

Postby GaryL » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:46 pm

Bruce,
Thanks for posting. I enjoy your videos and look forward to the next. I don't wish that 10,000 pickers could pick the Claw better than you, I just wish 10,000 pickers would take a good stab at it. Onward with great fingerpickin'.
Regards,
GaryL
GaryL

Postby keener » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:56 am

Thank you, Gary. Actually I probably should have said there are 100,000 pickers that Can pick the Claw better than me. But, as you noted: it would be nice if they Would pick ... lots of talent going unused out there. Of course it's a world that's a lot different than when I was learning guitar ... so many, many distractions these days. I used to pick for hours, but I doubt that many put that sort of time into anymore because there is just so much else to do.

Thanks again, Gary.
keener

Return to Video Files