New Chet Videos form 1975 on Youtube

Watch and share videos from youtube

Re: New Chet Videos form 1975 on Youtube

Postby PhilHunt » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:50 am

Rumor had it that TNN was making a comeback and would be playing some old country music shows. Has anyone seen it it yet? I have comcast cable and have yet to see it. There was a news article that said it was coming back sometime last year. If it does come back I hope they broadcast some older shows like Nashville Now. Also, does anyone know if RFD-TV is still broadcasting older music shows like hee-haw and pop goes the country? I had RFD-TV when I had direct tv, but when I got comcast I didn't have it.
PhilHunt

Postby Ray Bohlken » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:01 pm

Phil, here's what I found out about TNN's revival. It is a digital network and took on the name Heartland TV in October of 2013.
Ray

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nashville_Network

http://www.watchheartlandtv.com/schedule.html

Places that carry Heartland TV
http://www.watchheartlandtv.com/affiliates.html
Ray Bohlken

Postby jay » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:05 pm

Just an FYI...Most of the "Hee Haw" videos have been removed from Youtube. I would expect this one to disappear also, so you better grab it while you can.
jay kantor
jay

Postby PhilHunt » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:38 pm

The Key to keeping videos on youtube and not getting them pulled is not mentioning what TV show they are from. The only ones I had removed was the ones of Chet and Mark O'Conner together. Mark stole my links then had my videos shut down on youtube which I thought was the epitome of lowness. Oh well, comes with the territory of uploading videos on youtube. That's why I don't upload much on youtube anymore. My advice to everyone, capture everything I have uploaded on youtube, because eventually some A#@$&*! is going to come along and shut them all down which I think it total crap. Chet's legacy should be preserved FREE for everyone to see.....period.
PhilHunt

Postby the-ocean87 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:22 am

Phil, do you have any unreleased Chet videos in your archives???

I really enjoyed all your uploads!
the-ocean87

Postby thumbslinger » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:49 am

I can't believe I missed that one back in '75. I was glued to the set waiting to see Roy or Chet and had I seen this clip back then I may have quit playing and saved myself 38 years of agonizing joy playing the guitar is!
thumbslinger

Postby PhilHunt » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:11 am

ocean87,
I have tons of Chet stuff on dvd some even still on vhs. I have a binder that's about 5 inches thick of all my Chet/Jerry dvd's. I'd say about one quarter of it I uploaded on youtube. Some of it I can't upload for certain reasons. I've been in the long process of archiving it all in a list and it's been taking me years to do it, I'm still working on what all I have. I have to say that the main contributor to my collection was a guy here on the chetboard from years ago (not sure whatever happen to him)...P.B.in C.C. anybody ever remember Pat Bacon?? I believe he got most of the "stuff" from the same guy who has the "Chet motherload".
PhilHunt

Postby bill_h » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:17 pm

Evidently if you ever play a duet with Chet it's best to let him do the 1st part by himself :lol: :lol:
bill_h

Previous

Return to Video Files