Jerry, Chet, Paul, and Pat B. play mule skinner blues

Watch and share videos from youtube

Jerry, Chet, Paul, and Pat B. play mule skinner blues

Postby Ray Bohlken » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:29 pm

I sure miss shows like American Music Shop that used to be on TNN (almost typed CNN). This is a great rendition of this song and Chet played a wonderful lead part.
Ray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3qcU3OGuHw
Ray Bohlken

Re: Jerry, Chet, Paul, and Pat B. play mule skinner blues

Postby DagerRande » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:28 pm

Hey Ray!
I clicked on the link and was taken to a page of "garbage numbers", etc., with a message at the bottom saying something about "a team of highly trained monkeys being sent to deal with the problem". I haven't seen that before.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby PhilHunt » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:14 pm

One thing I'd like to point out about that clip from American Music Shop is that I got the copy of this show from Eddie who I believe originally recorded on Super VHS whne it aired, so the quality is very nice. You would think whoever put out the dvd commercially of this show that they would have gotten a better copy to transfer to a commercial dvd. The copy I have of this show that I got from Eddie is almost dvd quality, while the commercial dvd is crappy quality.

One show I really need a super excellent copy of is the Austin City Limits with Chet and the Cluster Pluckers. Does anyone have a nice copy of this? I know I've asked this before and I got a couple copies from some folks but they were actually worse than the current copy I have.

It would be neat if ACL put out a dvd box set out with all of the Chet episodes. I'm in the process of making my own personal custom dvd box set that why I need a nice copy of this episode.
PhilHunt

Postby Eddie Estes » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:06 pm

Yep on a good old JVC SuperVHS.

I wish someone would take the old films of Chet from the 50s scan the negatives and resynch the audio and put them out on Blu Ray. They would look awesome!
Eddie Estes

Postby Ray Bohlken » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:59 pm

DagerRande wrote:Hey Ray!
I clicked on the link and was taken to a page of "garbage numbers", etc., with a message at the bottom saying something about "a team of highly trained monkeys being sent to deal with the problem". I haven't seen that before.

Hi Rande, I tried the link again and I worked fine for me. There is a commercial that plays before the song, but I can't imagine a commercial with garbage numbers in it. Give it another try and see...it was a good video.
Great to hear from you...take care.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby Ray Bohlken » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:03 pm

Eddie Estes wrote:Yep on a good old JVC SuperVHS.

I wish someone would take the old films of Chet from the 50s scan the negatives and resynch the audio and put them out on Blu Ray. They would look awesome!

I recorded mine on Betamax. That was a real adventure converting it to VHS and ultimately to DVD. Sadly, the source Beta tape wasn't all that good, so I have some lines and discoloration in my copies of these shows. It would be great to have Blu-ray so Ray wouldn't be blue...sorry about that, folks...I can't resist a pun. Promotions at work came hard for me as a result.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Return to Video Files