NEW JERRY REED TV CLIP....Jerry playing Struttin'!!!!!!!!

Watch and share videos from youtube

Re: NEW JERRY REED TV CLIP....Jerry playing Struttin'!!!!!!!

Postby emjaybee94 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:27 am

Thanks Phil, there's only one word to describe this .... WOW. A few new ideas there to try and embellish my arrangement of it as well. I particularly enjoyed the ending; I can't always nail the pull offs that Chet used in his version.
regards
Mike
emjaybee94

Postby BillB » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:19 am

Just a comment about Richard Smith just being a note-for-note performer. I say this. Listen to more of his music, and you'll find that he is much more than that. Richard plays a lot of music other than Chet and Jerry, some classical, and some jazz (and not just gypsy jazz). Richard has the ability to nail a tune note-for-note, and he has the ability to improvise some pretty amazing stuff. I've had the opportunity to hear Richard play up close in small settings on several occasions, and he can play just about anything he wants to play. He and Julie have really become entertainers in the last few years, and that goes along with their high level of musical abilities. I'm among a great number of people who have the opinion that Richard is a world class performer. That's my opinion, and it might be the same for other people if they were to hear more of Richard's playing. He can nail the Chet and Jerry stuff for those who are listening closely, but he has a whole 'nother arsenal of music to keep everyone entertained.

Bill B.
BillB

Postby Eddie Estes » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:15 pm

As grateful as I was to play at the hall of fame someone the the selection committee for inductees has to be on drugs.

Why is Jerry Reed not in there already. I the list of Jerry's accomplishments dwarfs
most of the ones in there.
According to the HoF website Garth Brooks, Pig Robbins and Connie Smith will be inducted.
Connie Smith should have been in there years ago and Jerry should have too.
She is the only one I can see of the three that should have been put in there this year.
Pig was great but he is a session musician and a great one but in there before Jerry Reed?
I don't think so!

It is shameful!
Eddie Estes

Postby jay » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Eddie, don't you almost have to have a lobbyist to get your foot in the HOF door? Garth Brooks...give me a break. He sold a lot of records, but didn't blaze an iota of the trails Jerry did. And what is he famous for? His moral fortitude and his Chris Gaines albums...right. It is a travesty, but until someone with a big stick can push Jerry's name to the front of the line, I think we are in for years of shaking our heads.
jay kantor
jay

Postby Eddie Estes » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:04 am

I went to the CMA's Facebook page and posted about Jerry and added a clip of him playing Hallelujah I Love Her So.
Go there and start adding messages of support. Spread the word.
Eddie Estes

Postby Hendrik » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:17 am

The Dutch Jerry Reed website started a petition a little while ago for getting Jerry in the CMHOF. I don't how much impact it has, but we could sign if we agree.

Petition for getting Jerry into the CMHOF
Hendrik

Previous

Return to Video Files