Many new Chet videos

Watch and share videos from youtube

Re: Many new Chet videos

Postby the-ocean87 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:50 pm

Hendrik wrote:And suddenly they're gone...

That's strange. Did you download them?? Some of these videos are still on youtube form other youtubers. Can't find the channel "Nashvillenetwork" anymore. Seems they put him down. Its a pity. I hoped to see something new like the "Peanut vendor" video from 1962. Fortunately I downloaded it....
the-ocean87

Postby David Elliott » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:52 pm

the-ocean87 wrote:
Hendrik wrote:And suddenly they're gone...

I think these videos were digitally re-mastered by perhaps, TIME-WARNER Inc. and possibly will be made available at a later time. The "intro" of the videos when they were first posted on YouTube indicated TIME-WARNER had some connection with them. Kind of like those compilations of recordings by various entertainers, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, different country stars, etc. that are advertised on some of the PBS channels at 3AM! :) As far as I could tell, the only difference between these and those that have been on YouTube for quite a while, was that the quality of the recordings was much better.
David Elliott

Postby MitchC » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:43 pm

When I try to pull up any of the OP links... it says "Private" ... so how can I view them ?
MitchC

Postby stambi » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:04 am

MitchC wrote:When I try to pull up any of the OP links... it says "Private" ... so how can I view them ?

I have that problem too...
Boris Stambuk
stambi

Postby MitchC » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:43 pm

Does anyone know if there is a youtube version of Chet playing "HAPPY AGAIN" ? Lots of covers but none of Chet ...
MitchC

Postby PhilHunt » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:58 am

Youtube is seriously cracking down on new rules. The worst mistake they made was merging with Google. It forces you to have a Google account and then you have to either use your "real" name as the poster or manage to find the utmost complicated manner of using a fictitious name. Plus, you start getting all this crap from Google. I'm glad that I got grand fathered in with my Muzikman74 account. Hopefully no more of my uploads with get "the boot". The only ones I got miffed about were ones with Chet and Mark O'Conner. Mark was a real piece of work telling me to remove the videos and then "stealing" my link and uploading them himself.....but then again that's another story. If he had been nice, and for some reason wanted them taken off, that's understandable.....but I was uploading them because of CHET, not him.
Chet and Jerry's legacy needs to be preserved. I'm sure there is tons more video and audio footage of Chet out there. It's getting the greedy folks to get off their butts and release the stuff so people can see it. My thought is this: For stuff that has already available commercially, yes I can see how that's copyright infringement.....just go out and buy it. However, for something that was broadcasted on tv years ago and there is no commercial release, much less will there ever be, that comes into the realm of almost public domain.
PhilHunt

Postby DagerRande » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:51 am

Phil, I never knew that story about Mark O'Connor. That's pretty bad. I agree with your reasons why the non-commercial footage should be released for availability to those who would love to see them. I remember a time when I was not even 10 years old and was getting out of the shower and my mom told me about a guitarist named Chet Atkins who was going to be a guest on Dave Garroway's show. I wrapped a towel around myself and ran out into the living room soaking wet and waited and waited and finally got to see him, which blew me away, since I was only a flat picker at the time. I believe this clip is available now but it is only one example of the many out there to be made available to us.

Sorry, I don't mean to offend any flat pickers when I say "only" but I was thinking in terms of simultaneous points of contact and combinations of notes. I felt like I had reached a new level when I started picking with my fingers. A whole new world opened up!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby jdrpicker22 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:09 pm

I cant even see them. Youtube says "Video is unavailable" Sorry about that.
jdrpicker22

Previous

Return to Video Files