The Third Street Blues

Watch and share videos from youtube

The Third Street Blues

Postby emjaybee94 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:53 pm

I don’t play too many blues tunes, but I really like this, because it destroys the myth that blues is all about 12 bars and three chords. I learnt it about 30 years ago and promptly forgot all about it until a few days ago when I was looking through some cassettes to digitalise. As I recall, I didn’t play it in the key of F back then …. I didn’t play anything in the key of F period ….. so perhaps I’ve improved a bit since then.

The new Ibanez EW20ASE-NT is playing in well, although I think it will probably require a professional setup sometime to bring it into line with the Gretsch. I’m a little reluctant to spend too much on it as the guitar itself only cost me £315 (as opposed to the Gretsch, which is the best part 3 grand now)

Guy played this at "The First International Festival Of Guitarists" held at Wembley Conference Centre on 19th November 1983. It was a good evening and I managed to tape most of it, but they are very bad quality, so I won't be sharing any of it. Guy explained that he found this piece on a 25 LP boxed set of Blues tunes named after all the streets in New York. I'd love to know a bit more about that set .... sounds intriguing.

Here's my version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAQvjT6Z4AU

Regards
Mike
emjaybee94

Return to Video Files