Jerry Reed's tuning??

Watch and share videos from youtube

Re: Jerry Reed's tuning??

Postby carolinapicker89 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:41 am

Awesome! glad I could help your course! It is a rockin' tune and you've got some very good information here, thanks! :D
carolinapicker89

Postby PhilHunt » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:10 am

Good to see you on here Rick.

I'd like to take the time to plug Rick Peckham here on the chetboard. Rick is a awesome picker and is great at figuring out the hard Reed tunes. He's boggled my mind with some of the notes or phrases I have overlooked when it comes to some Reed tunes. If it wasn't for Rick I would have never figured out the lead break to "Last Train to Clarksville".

THANKS AGAIN RICK!
Check him out playing "Foggy Bottom". He's got some nice little lessons on youtube as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBL69vQPFhc
PhilHunt

Postby RandeDager » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:21 am

Some great and knowledgeable guitarists have come out of the Berkelee School of Music and Rick is a TEACHER there, which says a lot.

Rick, I also want to thank you for taking a look at a few of my tabs a while back! Once I learned of your status, I
felt honored, considering that I'm an "uneducated" guitarist.
Rande
RandeDager

Postby keener » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:10 am

Rick,

Really great to see your comment on here. Good thinking on the Open D, and the one note you mentioned really does jump out, but I attributed it to a standup bass instead of Jerry. The key reason I go that route is that he doesn't capitalize on an open D note anywhere else (so far as I can tell with these old ears).

But you could be spot-on with it. After all, for my most recent YouTube (Tricky), I tuned to DADF#BE and played in A minor. I did that mostly to work in some natural 12th fret harmonics in D, but after having decided to do it, I took advantage of the D in several spots. My thinking is Jerry would have taken more advantage of an open D than he appears to have. But, then, getting inside Jerry's head is not always easy. :)

As we discussed recently, I am super-delighted that you are focusing on Jerry's stuff with your class, and you have picked some perfect tunes.

Best wishes and success on your great work.

Bruce
keener

Previous

Return to Video Files