Tributes to my late Wife and Dad

Watch and share videos from youtube

Tributes to my late Wife and Dad

Postby keener » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:04 pm

My wife passed away September 7, 2001 and my dad passed away September 6, 2003. These anniversary dates are nearing, and I thought I'd go ahead and post some tributes I've written and recorded for Vickie and dad (George). After all, I may not even want to be on the computer at all on their anniversary dates.

The tribute to Vickie is a brand new tune, which I wrote and recorded a few days ago. It's called Metamorphosis, and I think it's one of the prettiest tunes I've ever done, though I know I am prejudiced:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pShYi7U3joA

The tribute to Dad is a tune I wrote last year for both him and Chet. I recorded it on what would have been Dad's 84th birthday, which was really close to the anniversary date of Chet's passing. So I wrote a tune for both of my "musical fathers." I owe Dad a special tune of his own, though. It will come to me in time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbGEAnFDv5Q
keener

Re: Tributes to my late Wife and Dad

Postby Roger Pratt » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:13 pm

Really nice tributes Bruce, especially the tune for your wife! I like them both very much Sir!
Roger Pratt

Postby jimmyragland » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:36 pm

Bruce, your tunes were great! I thank you for sharing them with us. I know Bruce you don't know me yet, but I had to express how I felt, I think your a great person in my book, and great guitar player. Thanks, Jimmy Ragland
jimmyragland

Postby keener » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:59 am

Roger and Jimmy: thank you so much. Vickie and Dad would be proud that you liked their tunes so much. Makes me happy, too.

Have a great Labor Day weekend!
Bruce
keener

Postby BillB » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:19 am

Very nice, Bruce! Hope you have a nice Labor Day.

Bill B.
BillB

Postby bill_h » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:46 pm

Bruce, in my honest opinion you did Vickie and Mr. Keener both proud! Your love for them both ( and for Chet ) show in the way those tunes were put together. Metamorphosis has some chords and textures in them that could just about bring tears to a persons eyes. All the best always!
bill_h

Postby rhirvine » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:40 pm

Very nice Bruce. You and I have at least a couple of things in common, our wives passed away and we both play guitar but believe me, you play far better than I ever could. And you can compose original tunes even in Jerry Reed's style which is difficult to say the least.

Sincerely,
Rich Irvine
rhirvine

Postby keener » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:33 pm

Bill, Bill, and Rich:

Thank you so much for your very gracious words. Reading them made me feel good. I am so glad you liked the tunes. They are perhaps my two best tunes (with the tribute to Tommy being one of my three best). Mostly I'm glad you liked them, though, because Vickie and Dad (and possibly Chet) would be proud that you did.

Thank you again.
All my best
Bruce
keener

Return to Video Files