Something and Auld Lang Syne

Watch and share videos from youtube

Something and Auld Lang Syne

Postby keener » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:23 pm

These two tunes Something (Beatles) and Auld Lang Syne (classic) have been on my mind for a couple of days, so I worked out a little medley of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpikCuURMWw

I think this may be my last recording for a while. I'm kinda burned out. I hope you enjoy it, though. The picking on Auld Lang Syne ain't half bad if I may say so myself.
keener

Re: Something and Auld Lang Syne

Postby RandeDager » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:32 am

Bruce, I enjoyed listening to your creativity. Your arrangement was much more interesting to me than the original. I also appreciate the fact that you were physically able to negotiate it.
Rande
RandeDager

Postby keener » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:26 pm

Thanks Rande. In hindsight, I should have done only the second tune. I spent no more than 10 minutes working on Something, but a lot more (hours) working on Auld Lang Syne. And it shows ... Would be better if had just been the latter. I was determined to do a medley.
keener

Postby bill_h » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Bruce, I'll agree that the execution was better on Auld Land Syne but I thought the textures in Something were awesome! It's almost like you were inside Jerry's head when you arranged that tune. Someday when I have time I'm gonna watch that video again with guitar in hand and steal you blind on that tune if I can! All the best!
bill_h

Postby bill_h » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:35 pm

In other words I'm glad you decided to post both of them!
bill_h

Postby keener » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:23 pm

Bi Bill,

It's great to hear from you. Thank you for the very nice words. You always make me feel appreciated.

By all means, grab any licks you want. That's what the videos are for. I have nobody else but you guys (and Facebook) to share them with. Booger listens to me play sometimes, but mostly he just snores, which doesn't really make me feel like he likes my music all that well :D

Take care my friend
Bruce
keener

Return to Video Files