Storms Never Last

Watch and share videos from youtube

Re: Storms Never Last

Postby Roger Hardin » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:22 am

Bruce that was very nice. I agree with Rande. Have you been practicing? Anyway you played that really well no matter what strings you are using.
Roger Hardin

Re: Storms Never Last

Postby keener » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:54 pm

Hey Roger,

Thank you for the thumbs up on this tune and on Star of Bethlehem.

I suppose I have been practicing a bit more than usual. I do not go more three or four days without playing, now, versus a much longer non-playing period previously (weeks/months). I do not play everyday, and doubt that I will ever get back to that point. I am not a real picker ... I'm one of those guys who is pretty good at several things, but master of none. It seems to me to be a bit late in life for me to try to change that now.

But, I did learn (or relearn) that it's best to not record a tune on the first day you play it. With both of my recent tunes, I played them about 7 or 8 times the first time I tried to work out how I wanted them to sound. Then I slept on it. And the next day, I did things a little differently and a little better, as I practiced a few more times.

Of course, the other thing that may have made it seem like I've been practicing more lately: my two most recent tunes are just not that hard.

But, thanks for caring, and thanks for the comment.
keener

Previous

Return to Video Files