Paul Yandell, c.g.p. Award Video!

Watch and share videos from youtube

Paul Yandell, c.g.p. Award Video!

Postby guitarchuck » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:28 pm

The video from the Country Music Hall of Fame, featuring Paul Yandell's C.G.P. Award presentation is now available for those who missed it:
http://www.livestream.com/countryhall/video?clipId=pla_03a869a3-b4b4-4b7c-b71d-574c01549a84&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

About the first 10 min. is advertising for upcoming events at the CMHOF. Nice Chet music in the background until the program gets started.
guitarchuck

Re: Paul Yandell, c.g.p. Award Video!

Postby thenorm » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:57 pm

You da man!
thenorm

Postby Bob Greenwood » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:00 pm

You can download this video to your computor with the iWisoft free video downloader. I saw it last night and it was a very touching,and entertaining hour and a half.
Bob Greenwood

Postby BillB » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:11 pm

I've been watching this, and really am enjoying it. Real proud for Paul!

Thanks for posting the link!

Bill B.
BillB

Postby LMark » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:33 pm

Thanks Chuck. I had only caught the tail end of Paul's remarks after the CGP and never realized what they were about until I read it here. It was good to see all of the beginning. I especially appreciated the selection of classic Chet in the lead-up. Chet was so nimble and creative from the very beginning. Congratulations Paul! LMark
LMark

Postby guitarchuck » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:55 am

Everyone is welcome! I'm glad they posted the video so that it can be watched anytime. I don't know how long it will stay on that website, so it might be a good idea to download it if you want to save it.

p.s. I now know how to pronounce Paul's last name correctly

Jack Baker

Jack, I heard Paul say one time that it is supposed to rhyme with "handle", but some people (including Chet) pronounced it "Yan-dell" so he just went with it.

:D
guitarchuck

Postby thenorm » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:35 am

I've seen a at least one clip where Chet pronounced it to sound like 'handle'. I doubt Chet would pronunce it otherwise since they were so close but I could be wrong.

I pronounced it as yand-dell for years due to someone pronouncing it that way to me when he told me who the Louvin's guitarist was.
thenorm

Postby Richard Hudson » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:54 am

Chet may have pronounced it Yan-Dell so that folks would know how to spell it. I'm sure he knew better. Paul is probably of the notion that he doesn't care how you call it as long as you as long as you call him in time to eat.

I am still very proud of our Paul. This is a great honor for him and the way it was done makes it extra special for him.
Richard Hudson

Postby RandeDager » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:12 am

Could someone please tell me how to save this streaming video? I usually have no problem with RealPlayer but this time it doesn't pop up like it usually does. I also see no option to save on the website.

thanks,
Rande
RandeDager

Postby keener » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:07 pm

Thanks for sharing this, Chuck. Fabulous!
keener

Next

Return to Video Files