Paul Yandell, c.g.p. Award Video!

Watch and share videos from youtube

Re: Paul Yandell, c.g.p. Award Video!

Postby Mike Nye » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:43 am

I just finished watching it . . .

I don't know about you guys, but I feel that CGPs have A WHOLE NEW SIGNIFICANCE now that Paul has been inducted.

I think it's safe to say that the other CGP recipients would agree that Paul being a CGP recipient is the ICING on the CAKE ! ! !

CONGRATULATIONS Paul Yandell . . . The circle is now complete ! ! !
If BRUTE-FORCE isn't working, you're not using enough ! ! !
Mike Nye

Postby BillB » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:52 am

Mike,

I think you said it well. If Chet were still around and in good health, maybe we would have seen 2 or 3 more, including Paul. But without Chet, I think this is the best way to close the book on the CGP award. I just think it was a great thing that Merle did, and a very deserving thing for Paul.

Bill B.
BillB

Postby Mike Nye » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:23 pm

BillB wrote:Mike,

I think you said it well. If Chet were still around and in good health, maybe we would have seen 2 or 3 more, including Paul. But without Chet, I think this is the best way to close the book on the CGP award. I just think it was a great thing that Merle did, and a very deserving thing for Paul.

Bill B.

Well Bill,

Like Paul said, working with Chet Atkins was "The Real Award" ! ! !

It impressed me that there'd been some serious discussion within the family leading up to their decision, as It clearly shows their appreciation of all his years with Chet.

The way I see it is that Chet, being the low-key kinda guy he was, more than likely thought that it would be a moot point to present a CGP to Paul, as being "his co-conspiritor" pretty much says it all anyway . . .

The very tasteful way that Chet's daughter Merle presented the CGP to Paul, gave it a really special meaning to everyone . . .
If BRUTE-FORCE isn't working, you're not using enough ! ! !
Mike Nye

Previous

Return to Video Files