If I Had You

Watch and share videos from youtube

If I Had You

Postby Roger Hardin » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:47 pm

I decided to see if I could add a decent audio track to a Droid X video. This is my arrangement of "If I Had You." I should have went back and punched in on the audio mistakes. It's all one take. I recorded my audio track on my PC using Reaper and synchronized the audio with the Droid X video in iMovie 11 on the Mac. Hope you enjoy.

If I had You
Roger Hardin

Re: If I Had You

Postby RandeDager » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:41 pm

Roger, that was pretty impressive! I enjoy watching your technique, including the minimization of unnecessary finger movement. Your timing was also such that a drummer could have come in laid down a track later and not have had a problem. My only "complaint" would be with the distortion of the video, but then you already explained why.
Rande
RandeDager

Postby Richard Hudson » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:44 pm

Roger, if you recall, that particular piece is one of the first ones I heard you play when we first met. It impressed me then, as it does now. That is a wonderful arrangement and you play it so very well. Thanks for sharing with us.
Richard Hudson

Postby Roger Hardin » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:15 pm

Thanks for the compliment Richard I do remember that. I Really enjoy listening to what you record as well.

Rande, I am going to try my son's iphone next. It will probably have an advantage in that it natively stores the video as a mov file. I had to convert the 3gp file from my phone before editing in in imovie.
Roger Hardin

Postby keener » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:58 pm

Great picking, as always, Roger.

Have you tried just using the iSight camera and QuickTime to do it all in one setting? I realize you give up the benefits of Reaper in doing that, but it is a good bit easier. (Tech note: I had to upgrade to QuickTime 7 to get movies that didn't come unglued when uploaded to YouTube. The QT player produces a version of mov that YouTube doesn't handle very well ... It puts the audio and video several hundred millisecs out of sync. YouTube didn't mess the videos up until about 3 or 4 months ago. But, with QT 7, it handles them okay.)
keener

Postby Roger Hardin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:13 pm

Thanks Jack I appreciate the compliment.

Thanks Bruce. I have a digital video camara I could use. Iam just having fun with the phone camara. I have done a couple of video's with the isight camara that are private instruction things. The idea behind using a saparate audio recording system is to get the best possible audio. The mic on the macbook is not that great and I could go direct but, the sound card on the mac is not the best as well. The new version of imovie is really good for syncing up multiple sources. Its actually not as hard as you would think. I might do some things with the isight camara but I would prefer using a saparate audio recording system. Or, I could just lip sync (finger-sync) like I did in Jerry's Breakdown.

Thanks
Last edited by Roger Hardin on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger Hardin

Postby keener » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:34 pm

Great info, Roger. Thank you much.
Bruce
keener

Return to Video Files